Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people compare Manny and Floyd to ATG welters when they are naturally smaller?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Soooo, you're saying Oscar didn't fight Tito, B-Hop & Mosley in their primes??
    he lost to all three....its very rare that two all time greats share the ring

neither Hopkins nor ODLH were in their prime when they fought

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      i dont know what you are talking about...

Im still waiting on floyd to fight a legit hall of famer in their prime.

He has yet to do it.
      he's beat lots of world champions who may be hall of famers after they retire so that argument is dumb

Castillo
      corrales
      hatton
      cotto

as time goes by his resume will only get better

Comment

you just exposed yourself as a no nothing alt.

Pac beat barerra 1 and beat marquez 1 & 2.

both were prime and legit hall of famers.

noob.
        it can seriously be argued that Barerra was not prime and manny-jmm 1 was a draw and 2 Jmm was not prime and that fight is even controversial

Comment

you just exposed yourself as a no nothing alt.

Pac beat barerra 1 and beat marquez 1 & 2.

both were prime and legit hall of famers.

noob.

you exposed yourself as an idiot if you think Barrera was prime in 2003 after 50 fights a bunch of wars and the series with Morales, neither guy was the same after that ...he lost to a past prime Morales im a noob...fan boy

Marquez 1 was a draW, Which neither guy won and in 2007 Marquez was past prime....Manny fights skowed down and Manny still couldnt beat him clearly

do you even know when a fighters prime is or did you just start watching boxing when Manny got on the scene

Comment

Because about 80% of this site started watching boxing after "the world awaits".

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              he lost to all three....its very rare that two all time greats share the ring

neither Hopkins nor ODLH were in their prime when they fought
              Hold on buddy, neither me, nor that poster you quoted said he beat them. You did however say that Oscar along with many other great fighters never fought a prime great. Well that's a lie. Oscar did fight a prime Mosley & Tito.

B-Hop, well that's another conversation totally. It's been damn near a decade since that fight & B-Hop is fighting on the world class level, against naturally bigger men. I would find it hard to argue that he wasn't in his prime then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Hold on buddy, neither me, nor that poster you quoted said he beat them. You did however say that Oscar along with many other great fighters never fought a prime great. Well that's a lie. Oscar did fight a prime Mosley & Tito.

B-Hop, well that's another conversation totally. It's been damn near a decade since that fight & B-Hop is fighting on the world class level, against naturally bigger men. I would find it hard to argue that he wasn't in his prime then.
                Hopkins wasn't prime then, but that doesn't take away from the risk Oscar took in that fight at all. Hopkins is just a freak that has stayed at a very high level even after he was no longer prime.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  you exposed yourself as an idiot if you think Barrera was prime in 2003 after 50 fights a bunch of wars and the series with Morales, neither guy was the same after that ...he lost to a past prime Morales im a noob...fan boy

Marquez 1 was a draW, Which neither guy won and in 2007 Marquez was past prime....Manny fights skowed down and Manny still couldnt beat him clearly

do you even know when a fighters prime is or did you just start watching boxing when Manny got on the scene
                  Say what a fighter prime is cuz' I want to know how Barrera wasn't prime in 2003. And, Pac fought him before the Barrera-Morales series finished. It wasn't after the series was concluded like you're making out to seem. The Morales-Barrera trilogy concluded in 2004. Pac fought Barrera a year earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                    it can seriously be argued that Barerra was not prime and manny-jmm 1 was a draw and 2 Jmm was not prime and that fight is even controversial
                    Lol @ Barrera not being in his prime back in 03.

Some fans kill me with their ignorance and lack of boxing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X