No announcement yet.

Training tip: jabbing backwards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training tip: jabbing backwards

Yo, i figured it out last night. Jabbing backwards is a very vital key to fighting. Jabbing forward controls the fight and jabbing backwards disables your opponent from coming in. It also keeps your opponent off balance. In addition, it frustrates him.

When you jab forward, you push off the back of your foot. Staying on the ball of your foot and lunge forward. Stick that jab right in his face and mix up your jabbing targets. Jab to the body, double jab to the face. Flick the jab. Stick the jab. Bust that nose wide open with a quick 1-2. Double jabs, triple jabs, 1-2, 1-2.

Shoot a quick hook off a jab. Keep your opponent guessing while your slowly picking him apart. You want to destroy your opponent with your jab.

When your opponent starts to come forward, jab backwards. Push off the front of your foot. Stay on the ball as always, and stick a jab going backwards. Your opponent will be coming forward, so the force of your stiff jab will meet the force of him coming in. Jab backwards and sit down to throw the 2. Lure him in and stick the jab going backwards and coming forward. Stick the 2 quickly

Do all that ***** and don't forget your angles and head movement. Always keep your hands up by your face. If you can't keep your hands up, you're not in good condition.

lol u just figuring out alot of things?? but yeah moving to the right and jabbing going backwards was a ***** at first for me

im most vulnerable going backwards so i spend alot of time punching going backwards

Comment

You do not need to jab going backwards. You should know your range to know when you would get hit and when ya don't. To be able to throw shots that land.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING2008 View Post
        You do not need to jab going backwards. You should know your range to know when you would get hit and when ya don't. To be able to throw shots that land.
        If you jab at him backwards you control the fight and still maintain a good position.

Comment

Well it certainly wouldn't hurt. I land a LOT of jabs while going backwards; I use it as a counter punch. People tend to leave their face open as they come forward to aggresively anyways.

Comment

what are u talking about? Certain moments of a fight u arent always going to be able to dictate what range you are fighting from.. u need to learn how to fight going backwards. And the most important punch is the jab so u need to know how to jab going backwards more than any other punch. if not all the other guy gotta do is back you up and you lose

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
              Well it certainly wouldn't hurt. I land a LOT of jabs while going backwards; I use it as a counter punch. People tend to leave their face open as they come forward to aggresively anyways.
              You just described me the first few times I sparred, Id come in too aggressive, drop my right and get popped over and over. You should be able to jab while going any direction and in any position, thats why balance is so important.

Comment

Working...
              X