Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Would Not Rule Out Facing Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would see this fight, although Martínez would beat and stop Cotto in the process.

Comment

No one wants to see this fight now, Cotto could have fought Martinez at 154 (or at a catchweight) years ago if he wanted to. If I were Cotto I'd go after Ishe Smith, Buysangurov, or abig money fight with Canelo.

Comment

It's the only big fight he could get before retirement. He would be happy if he survives the 12 rounds. I can imagine this fight happening at the end of the year at the Madison Square Garden. I don't think Sergio wants Chavez Jr rematch. And for Cotto is better to get your ass beat by Martinez than Chavez Jr. which would be a bigger fight.

Comment

I would prefer this over Chavez-Martinez 2, but I'm still not particularly interested in it. Wished this happened in 2011 when Cotto fought Mayorga and Martinez fought Dzinziruk.

Comment

I would watch this fight. Most people would. Two of the biggest names in boxing fighting each other. Why the hell wouldnt you wanna watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaotard86 View Post
              Catchweight.......? dont do it. The reputation of your legacy will be forever tarnished. And boxing fans will hold it against you.... Oops wait, that only happens when your pacman
              Nope. Floyd did it. Marquez did it, Cotto did it and many others too.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolkiller View Post
                Cotto has nuts, but no way does he fight Sergio. Maybe headline should be "Cotto does not Rule out Suicide" common now, he ain't gonna do it.
                (laughing)....That was funny. Yeah. I'm sorry but I don't think any version of Cotto could fu*k w/ Serg. He fights Martinez now & gets beat into retirement. Forget about fighting 3 more years..

Comment

Sergio would slice cottos face up by round 5. Fighting another much bigger lefty and one who has one punch KO power? I fear for cottos health if it goes down. On the flipside Sergio is getting old and hes coming off a surgery so maybe father time has finally caught up.

Comment

The PPV should be called "Moonwalk 2"

Comment

Someone needs to sit him and Marquez down and say "It's over"..simple as that..both these dudes have hall of fame careers but they are done..taking punishment looking to end the fight with one blow is just not worth it this late in the game. I've followed cotto's career since early on but one win against Margarito isn't enough to keep going.

Comment

Working...
                      X