Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Johnson vs ken norton battle of the parry!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Johnson vs ken norton battle of the parry!

They both had great defensive skills good work rate and awkward styles

Who do you have for this on prime for prime?

Can y'all move this to the history section plz ?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      They both had great defensive skills good work rate and awkward styles

Who do you have for this on prime for prime?
      Norton had a good, awkward defence, but Johnson had the reputed best heavyweight defnece in history.

Comment

Bump.....M

Comment

A lot of Johnson's defensive tactics relied on him being stronger than his opponent and thus able to tie up. I think he's smart enough to adjust to a bigger, stronger fighter (Norton was often called Black Hercules, and for good reason). I'm aware Jess Willard was both of these things, but Willard was also a chump who caught Johnson on the tail-end of his career.

I think we'd see a different Johnson to any we'd ever seen, but I'd still pick Norton by convincing UD over 15 rounds. Johnson has the advantage in any fight longer than that though.

Comment

very nice!

Comment

So hard to say. I could see Kenny coming forward a lot, jabbing in all his awkward glory . A lot of guys had no answer for that and I don't know that Jack would either. I think it would come down to what happens when (and if) Norton is able to lean against him like he often did with guys when he'd start laying on those hooks. I could see it working against him with Johnson. From what I've seen, Johnson could move and I wouldn't be surprised to see him really tag Norton at close range, and Norton trying to unsuccessfully trade with him there. Kenny was like Hearns in that he'd get involved in too many unnecessary slugfests when he was otherwise winning from the outside.

Comment

Bump.......

Comment

Working...
                X