Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your Fav artist: John Lennon or Micheal Jackson??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingsley View Post
    The statement is far from stupid, alot of Michael's music wasn't even written by him. Lennon and McCartney wrote the Beatle's ****. For my personal liking, Lennon, so that statement ain't stupid.
    List of Songs Written By Michael Jackson

Beat It
    Billie Jean
    Black or White
    Dangerous
    Dirty Diana
    Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough
    You Rock My World
    Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
    We Are the World
    Blood on the Dance Floor
    The Girl Is Mine
    Give In to Me
    HIStory/Ghosts
    Heal the World
    Liberian Girl
    Remember The Time
    Earth Song
    Say Say Say
    Scream
    Childhood
    Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
    Smooth Criminal
    D.S.
    Whatever Happens
    Who Is It
    Will You Be There
    They Don't Care About Us

Even his most critically acclaimed song 'Billie Jean' was written by him. You hit the nail on the head. The Beatles included 3 genius songwriters and you are comparing all 3 to MJ? For that alone MJ deserves huge credit.

McCartney and Harrison also wrote the bulk of the Beatles tunes. Does that discredit Lennon as an artist? NO

Just like how some of MJ's hits were written by Rod Temperton. Does that discredit MJ? NO

Comment

Most of jacksons somngs were ****, hence why his record label dropped him. lennon was with the greatest band of all time.

As for them as people, jackson raped boys, lennon was for peace.

Its a no contest, i personally hope michael jacksons burning in hell...

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        Most of jacksons somngs were ****, hence why his record label dropped him. lennon was with the greatest band of all time.

Jackson went to trial and was proven not guilty.

As for Most of Jackson's songs sounding ****...HAHHAHAHHA...your opinion is full of ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
          List of Songs Written By Michael Jackson

Beat It
          Billie Jean
          Black or White
          Dangerous
          Dirty Diana
          Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough
          You Rock My World
          Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
          We Are the World
          Blood on the Dance Floor
          The Girl Is Mine
          Give In to Me
          HIStory/Ghosts
          Heal the World
          Liberian Girl
          Remember The Time
          Earth Song
          Say Say Say
          Scream
          Childhood
          Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
          Smooth Criminal
          D.S.
          Whatever Happens
          Who Is It
          Will You Be There
          They Don't Care About Us

Even his most critically acclaimed song 'Billie Jean' was written by him. You hit the nail on the head. The Beatles included 3 genius songwriters and you are comparing all 3 to MJ? For that alone MJ deserves huge credit.

McCartney and Harrison also wrote the bulk of the Beatles tunes. Does that discredit Lennon as an artist? NO

Just like how some of MJ's hits were written by Rod Temperton. Does that discredit MJ? NO
          I see what you're saying, but even some of the songs you mention were co-written and "Billie Jean" had a great deal of help. Compare it to the original version to the released version. I like both and could listen to their music all day. Lennon wins the song writing, Michael was more of an entertainer to me. He started when he was a kid, of course he's suppose to have more of an impact as an artist.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post

You're an idiot for that statement, Jackson was far from ****.....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsley View Post
              I see what you're saying, but even some of the songs you mention were co-written and "Billie Jean" had a great deal of help. Compare it to the original version to the released version. I like both and could listen to their music all day. Lennon wins the song writing, Michael was more of an entertainer to me. He started when he was a kid, of course he's suppose to have more of an impact as an artist.
              Yeah I agree. I also reckon Lennon's solo albums are underrated. Even the songs he wrote for Ringo's solo career were pretty awesome.

But you stated MJ had help with his music. eg Quincy Jones. This is true, but so did Lennon. One of Lennon's most acclaimed songs, In My Life was co-written by McCartney. Paul doesn't get enough credit for his contributions to some of Lennon's songs.

Comment

Yeah I agree. I also reckon Lennon's solo albums are underrated. Even the songs he wrote for Ringo's solo career were pretty awesome.

But you stated MJ had help with his music. eg Quincy Jones. This is true, but so did Lennon. One of Lennon's most acclaimed songs, In My Life was co-written by McCartney. Paul doesn't get enough credit for his contributions to some of Lennon's songs.
                ****, most people don't even know who McCartney is, which is dad.

Comment

As a group Beatles>Jackson 5, but as solo artists MJ>Lennon. Jackson has more levels to his game.

Comment

Jackson went to trial and was proven not guilty.

As for Most of Jackson's songs sounding ****...HAHHAHAHHA...your opinion is full of ****e.

where were wacko jacko fans when his albums were flopping, and HE DID get dropped from his label as no one bought his music.

yES AND JACKSON WAS INNOCENT as OJ simpson was innocent..

Jackson admitted on live tv to martin bashir that he allowed 12 year old males into his bed. He thought it was normal behavior..

Plus he paid the family literally millions, it was never settled in court, which shows the evidence was over whelming...

If you want to worship a paedophile then so be it....but keep away from me you weirdo...

Comment

i like both, I'd have to go with mike.

Comment

Working...
                      X