Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue's Power Has Improved at 118, Says Sparring Partner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue's Power Has Improved at 118, Says Sparring Partner

Undefeated, top-ten pound for pound ranked fighter, Naoya Inoue will soon be moving up to bantamweight. I reported last month that a domestic affair with WBA "regular" champion Jamie McDonnell of England was in the works (and later confirmed) for May 25th, in what may be the toughest test to date for Inoue. The way he approaches the new weight class hasn't changed his overall preparation, according to his regular sparring partner Genesis Servania.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The writer only takes into account the last few remaining months that Inoue had at 115, when Ancajas and Yafai avoided/ducked Naoya, and obviously the unification with 'Chocolatito' was lost due to Sirsacet, but what about all the years at Superfly before that? don't tell me you overlook all that time.

Yeah I know he had issues with his hand and was injured for a significant period, still everyone from Flyweight including jr. bantam ( minus Yafai ) did what Inoue done when he jumped up to face lineal champion Omar Narváez and got busy fighting everyone ; such was the case with Roman Gonzalez, Juan Fransico Estrada coming up from flyweight.

Naoya had the following list of names to fight from 2014-2018 @ 115 :

Liborio Solis
    Zolani Tete
    Carlos Cuadras
    Nica Concepcion
    The Arroyos bros
    Srisaket Sor Rungvisai

; he fought seven times at 115, his best recent win other than Omar was Kono. Step your game up Inoue!

Comment

I'm excited to see how he does at 118.

Comment

be good to see how he fares here

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          The writer only takes into account the last few remaining months that Inoue had at 115, when Ancajas and Yafai avoided/ducked Naoya, and obviously the unification with 'Chocolatito' was lost due to Sirsacet, but what about all the years at Superfly before that? don't tell me you overlook all that time.

Yeah I know he had issues with his hand and was injured for a significant period, still everyone from Flyweight including jr. bantam ( minus Yafai ) did what Inoue done when he jumped up to face lineal champion Omar Narváez and got busy fighting everyone ; such was the case with Roman Gonzalez, Juan Fransico Estrada coming up from flyweight.

Naoya had the following list of names to fight from 2014-2018 @ 115 :

Liborio Solis
          Zolani Tete
          Carlos Cuadras
          Nica Concepcion
          The Arroyos bros
          Srisaket Sor Rungvisai

; he fought seven times at 115, his best recent win other than Omar was Kono. Step your game up Inoue!
          'All those years' between 2014 and 2018 was when Inoue was between age 20 and 24, he was looking to 'step up' vs Choco or Yafai, except Choco lost and Yafai knew better than to get in the ring with him. He was still growing and developing during that period, and still a couple of years before he peaks (unless he flames out).

McDonnell isn't exactly a tin can (The Ring no.2 at 118). He had a couple of bad outings in 2008, but undefeated in 22 outings since then. Sure his outings with Solis were underwhelming, and not sure he has much left at 118, so should be a win for Inoue (according to the bookies).

He was talking Tete before, who fights 21 April (Inoue fights 25 May), so assuming they both win, it sets up a match between the two of them on Superfly 3. Loeffler has already said he'd like to get Inoue back on the card even if its at 118, and the date would be 'in the fall', so perfect timing.

Unsure if it all plays out like that, but if it does, not sure if there is any higher level of 'stepping it up' possible.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
            'All those years' between 2014 and 2018 was when Inoue was between age 20 and 24, he was looking to 'step up' vs Choco or Yafai, except Choco lost and Yafai knew better than to get in the ring with him. He was still growing and developing during that period, and still a couple of years before he peaks (unless he flames out).

McDonnell isn't exactly a tin can (The Ring no.2 at 118). He had a couple of bad outings in 2008, but undefeated in 22 outings since then. Sure his outings with Solis were underwhelming, and not sure he has much left at 118, so should be a win for Inoue (according to the bookies).

He was talking Tete before, who fights 21 April (Inoue fights 25 May), so assuming they both win, it sets up a match between the two of them on Superfly 3. Loeffler has already said he'd like to get Inoue back on the card even if its at 118, and the date would be 'in the fall', so perfect timing.

Unsure if it all plays out like that, but if it does, not sure if there is any higher level of 'stepping it up' possible.
            I already talked about this with you in another thread, why keep debating it? I told you in 2014 Naoya was top ten P4P already two weight champion and lineal at 115 ; had wins over current unified IBF-WBA jr. Flyweight champion Ryoichi Taguchi and THE MAN lineal champion at jr. bantamweight Omar Narvaez, you don't get any passes when you step up that early.

Eight fights at 115 his second weight class being the number #1. seven defenses, during those years he had the experience and plenty of time, the first name he mentioned before moving up to 118 was Tete -- but he should of fought him at 115 a long time ago, when is it enough?

I'm done, not having this discussion anymore with you, I'm tired of typing the same answers.

Comment

An excellent fighter and I believe you will do well at 118 and beat MacDonall... remember Jamie when he beats Ceja and it was a good fight but he was not all dominating and he will not dominate the Japanese guy, Inoue is too good.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                I already talked about this with you in another thread, why keep debating it? I told you in 2014 Naoya was top ten P4P already two weight champion and lineal at 115 ; had wins over current unified IBF-WBA jr. Flyweight champion Ryoichi Taguchi and THE MAN lineal champion at jr. bantamweight Omar Narvaez, you don't get any passes when you step up that early.

Eight fights at 115 his second weight class being the number #1. seven defenses, during those years he had the experience and plenty of time, the first name he mentioned before moving up to 118 was Tete -- but he should of fought him at 115 a long time ago, when is it enough?

I'm done, not having this discussion anymore with you, I'm tired of typing the same answers.
                I guess I'm more forgiving due to the age he was at and that he still had a lot of growing and developing to do until now. You ask the right question in 'when is it enough ?'. I'd say now. He's past his puppyhood now.

I'm just excited that Tete v Inoue might make it to Superfly 3

Comment

This is the king of bums.

A great bum killer...

Comment

Jajajajaja Narváez the man at 115?

Narváez with 40 years old and he always was a bum killer.

Narváez and Jamie are B classes champions.

Tete it's a good test.

Jamie?

Solís whooped his ass...

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    An excellent fighter and I believe you will do well at 118 and beat MacDonall... remember Jamie when he beats Ceja and it was a good fight but he was not all dominating and he will not dominate the Japanese guy, Inoue is too good.
                    That fight vs Ceja was a draw, but Jamie did nothing to get a win.

Comment

Working...
                    X