Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will GGG's age play a factor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much will GGG's age play a factor?

In his fight with Jacobs he looked like he was having considerable difficulty pulling the trigger. His jab wasnt as accurate and he looked slower than usual.

What are peoples thoughts on GGG's age and his possible decline in ability due to it?

These dumbass "Boxingscene professional analysts" will tell you that Golovkin's not old EVEN THOUGH HE'S 35. Samuel Peter who is unanimously the greatest fighter of our generation was already slowing down at 29.

Comment

his age will be a reason why canelo TKO's him instead of UD

Comment

It'll play a massive factor................. in the excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
          In his fight with Jacobs he looked like he was having considerable difficulty pulling the trigger. His jab wasnt as accurate and he looked slower than usual.

What are peoples thoughts on GGG's age and his possible decline in ability due to it?
          He was having more problems with Jacobs height and reach.

But he kept his jab going.

Until I see him have trouble getting his jab going, im not going to say he cant pull the trigger.

There were obvious things he was avoiding throwing because of a basic scouting report on Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            He was having more problems with Jacobs height and reach.

But he kept his jab going.

Until I see him have trouble getting his jab going, im not going to say he cant pull the trigger.

There were obvious things he was avoiding throwing because of a basic scouting report on Jacobs.
            Fair point about Jacob's reach and size. I think Jacobs has better footwork and speed than Canelo as well.

A few years ago I would have said GGG walks through him within 6, but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
              Fair point about Jacob's reach and size. I think Jacobs has better footwork and speed than Canelo as well.

A few years ago I would have said GGG walks through him within 6, but now I'm not so sure.
              Jacobs footwork and foot speed are a million times better than Canelos. If he could handle that, Canelos will be no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                These dumbass "Boxingscene professional analysts" will tell you that Golovkin's not old EVEN THOUGH HE'S 35. Samuel Peter who is unanimously the greatest fighter of our generation was already slowing down at 29.
                Sam was probably lying about his age though. African fighters have a tendency to shave a few years off.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Jacobs footwork and foot speed are a million times better than Canelos. If he could handle that, Canelos will be no problems.
                  Im inclined to believe Canelo has better counter punching, combo punching and headmovement though. Might be to the quality of his opposition however.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    Sam was probably lying about his age though. African fighters have a tendency to shave a few years off.
                    You talk trash about him again I hope you're ready to pay a deductible for the licking I'll give you Julian India is a true African warrior if Trent Crawfish didn't throw that low blow July is the unified champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X