No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs Paul Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez vs Paul Williams

Wasn't this fight going to be made before Paul's motorcycle accident? I'm sure there were talks of it.

If it happened, who would've won in 2012?

In 2012 Canelo would have stopped him, possibly KO of the year, Williams was a very ordinary boxer over hyped cause he beat a slow Margarito

Comment

I remember a lot of people where saying Paul was gonna upset Canelo, but Paul had been looking very plain in recent fights so I think Canelo would have won. It'd been an interesting fight whatever happened doe & its kinda a low grade fight I wish I'd have gotten to see.

Comment

Canelo would have blasted out Williams in 2012..

Different story had they met a few years earlier when canelo was still a green teenager.

Comment

williams was already not was he used to be and was showing signs of wear and tear, lara beat him.

Comment

Camelot would have killed Williams that is why he got into that crash, I thought this was known. Everything happens for a reason inshallah

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              In 2012 Canelo would have stopped him, possibly KO of the year, Williams was a very ordinary boxer over hyped cause he beat a slow Margarito
              This...

Plus, Williams had great holes in his defense.

Comment

Interesting fight

Williams would have had a big size/reach advantage over ginger

60/40 favouring Canelo imo

Comment

Paul Williams was physically gifted but he did not ultilize his height and reach. He wasnt a smart fighter at all. I dont understand why a tall fighter like him would fight on the inside and smother himself but that was the way he was. he fought like a small guy..

He liked to throw punches in bunches and a smart counter puncher like Canelo would have been all wrong for him.. Canelo would have fukedd him up bad.

Comment

^^^ this

canelo. i understand, williams was perpetual movement. always throwing punches. WASTED MOVEMENT. 9/10 he put himself in terrible punching distance. often smothered his own shots while leaving himself open for every kind of counter. IOW, overly aggressive (porter is following in his footsteps). and he never made any adjustments.

no way should margarito have landed so many punches on him.

pw would feed himself to canelo, nomnom.

Comment

Working...
                    X