Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson: Official Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson has been in a lot of close fights. A couple of times he deserved to win, but usually the the other guy does just enough to deserve it more.

I just hope there is no talk of robbery or unfair scoring after this one, but because it will likely be close, that's what may happen.

Comment

Il go with a Froch UD. Should be a good fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        If it happens in Nottingham, I can count on a ripoff. Actually, I'm leaning towards a ripoff regardless of where the fight takes place. Froch is the one with star potential, Johnson has been treated as a gatekeeper for years and ripped off more times than some fighters have legitimately won fights.

Johnson will always lose a decision fight to a guy who has a big name. The only way Johnson can even win a fight nowadays is via KO. Tell me the last time Johnson won a fight that wasn't by KO.......now think of how many tough, close fights that Johnson has been in and lost by a split decision.

I think it is just the way the game is. Froch isn't as active as I feel he needs to be to keep Johnson off of him. Either way, I expect a hell of a war.
        I agree that Johnson has been robbed a lot and I also agree this will be a war..But if this fight happens in Canada I don't agree it will be a robbery,I have to admit Canada scores have been pretty good..I don't think Johnson has the ring IQ to beat Froch..He overwhelms his opponents not really out thinks umm..Froch is a better boxer(and smarter)then giving credit for,I see him pulling it out and tho it might be close I believe everyone will agree and see Froch won the fight..

Comment

I give Froch the edge to win.He's younger,strong,likes to fight & has good stamina.But if Johnson pulls an upset I wouldn't be too surprised.

Comment

Johnson really surprised me in his last match with Green. To be honest I thought he looked better at Super Middleweight than Light Heavyweight. If Johnson pulls off an upset I wouldn't be surprised either.

Comment

I think Johnson can take him out because Froch doesn't have fast enough feet to keep the distance from Glenn and work off that jab and will be forced into an inside fight where he will be in way over his head with the road warrior.

I like both fighters alot though and expect this to be very entertaining.

Comment

Respect Glen, but I want to see USA vs. England in the final.

Comment

froch by decision, because johnson always gets robbed

Comment

This is a very difficult fight to pick, it's close to an even matchup.

But I'm leaning a bit toward the younger man Froch winning a close decision.

Comment

Cobra by UD wherever they fight. Johnson is good a closing ring but he wont handle froch's boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X