Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will see a new generation of boxers imitating the shoulder roll?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think we will see a new generation of boxers imitating the shoulder roll?

At my gym yesterday I couldn't help but notice the amount of young (and some older) fighters using the shoulder roll defense. Do you think Floyd's style will influence a new generation of fighters?

yeah, ive seen a few fighters try use it since seeing floyd use it

i see it staying around for a while

wheres the peekaboo gone??????

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
      At my gym yesterday I couldn't help but notice the amount of young (and some older) fighters using the shoulder roll defense. Do you think Floyd's style will influence a new generation of fighters?
      probably people used to copy Ali's style of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialOne View Post
        yeah, ive seen a few fighters try use it since seeing floyd use it

i see it staying around for a while

wheres the peekaboo gone??????
        peekaboo is only ideal for certain types of fighters with certain physiques. same for the shoulder roll and everything else. you have to tailor your defensive posture to what best suits you.

Comment

not like the shoulder roll is anything new, it has been used by many boxers of the past and are used by many boxers in the present

Comment

Young cashflow baby, young cashflow

Comment

Originally posted by TriGaFinGa View Post
              not like the shoulder roll is anything new, it has been used by many boxers of the past and are used by many boxers in the present
              Obviously.....

The question is do you think we will see a lot more boxers influenced by Mayweather's style.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
                Obviously.....

The question is do you think we will see a lot more boxers influenced by Mayweather's style.
                yeah you will much like we saw a bunch of Roy Jones imitators

however like Jones style Floyd's is one that takes skill and practice. It's based on having great reflexes and most fighters simply do not have that

Comment

Working...
                X