No announcement yet.

joe frazier vs mike tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKay
    Tyson has a pretty tremendous chin, I'd say top notch, definitely quite alot better than Fraziers.
    How is Tyson's chin "a lot" better than Frazier's? The same Tyson who was dropped by Buster Douglas? Or the same Tyson who was left helpless and punch drunk against the ropes against Holyfield? Tyson's chin is sturdy enough, but don't be so quick to dismiss Frazier based on his one loss to Foreman. I'd give Frazier the edge on chin based on the fact that he fought bigger punchers who possessed much more skill than Ruddock or Frank "The Punching Bag" Bruno.

Comment

Wow, there would be fireworks in this one. Smokin Joe had a huge heart. He beat Ali and even knocked him down with that famous left hook. Frazier deserves a ton of respect for even doing that. Tyson might detonate Frazier though the way Foreman did. It depends on who lands first and I wouldn't be surprised if Frazier wins by Kayo too in this slugfest.

Comment

I think young Joe Frazier would tire Mike Tyson out with his focused body punching. I think Joe can easily get into Tyson's head more than Tyson into Joe's. As for the match itself, it will be a stalemate into Round 3. Round 4 to 6 Tyson would begin to tire. By Round 7, KO by Frazier...

Comment

I love the Frazier punch which knocks Ali down in their first fight i think it was. If he could pull off **** like that he would destroy Tyson.

Tyson - 5 round wonder
          Frazier - Defensive and full of stamina (Thrilla in Manilla)

However i have my doubts about Frazier after foreman knocked him down 6 times in 2 rounds. Overall a tyson win though.

Comment

I earlier said That Tyson was to fast and to skilled Frazier and hit too hard and Frazier had to bad of chin compared to Tyson. But I am changing my position to either Frazier by late TKO or Frazier by UD. Tyson would be out gas by 9th round at the latest even in his prime. Frazier would start to take the fight over by the 5th round with his conistantancy and just from throwing landing alot of punches. Frazier was not an unskilled fighter either he was olypmic medalist so he might have the defence to avoid taking one of Tyson's bombs.

Also Frazier did get knocked down alot and he if took a Tyson bomb he would go down but the man had amazing recuperating power and just plain stamina, and he would get up and keep getting up, too much for Tyson. Also Tyson would always looses fights against guys that bring it too him and dont ever back down no matter what and that exactly Fraziers style. Frazier would not back down from Tyson, he would bring it hard right at Tyson no matter what Tyson did for 12 rounds. Frazier by late TKO or UD.

great fantasy matchup would be Frazier at 208 vs Holyfield 1991 or 1992 . I would pick Holyfield by UD, but it would be an amazing fight both guys would fight so hard it would just unbelieveable and they were both small with alot stamina, Frazier probably had a liittle bit better stamina, but it would be amazing fight and a total war.

Also Frazier vs Dwight Quawi at 208 or 200 pounds would be interesting. They both have a similar style and endless stamina. Frazier is naturally bigger and hits harder but Quawi had a very good chin, and just like Frazier never backed down always was coming forward.
            Last edited by The Troll; 05-11-2005, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay
              I earlier said That Tyson was to fast and to skilled Frazier and hit too hard and Frazier had to bad of chin compared to Tyson. But I am changing my position to either Frazier by late TKO or Frazier by UD. Tyson would be out gas by 9th round at the latest even in his prime. Frazier would start to take the fight over by the 5th round with his conistantancy and just from throwing landing alot of punches. Frazier was not an unskilled fighter either he was olypmic medalist so he might have the defence to avoid taking one of Tyson's bombs.

Also Frazier did get knocked down alot and he if took a Tyson bomb he would go down but the man had amazing recuperating power and just plain stamina, and he would get up and keep getting up, too much for Tyson. Also Tyson would always looses fights against guys that bring it too him and dont ever back down no matter what and that exactly Fraziers style. Frazier would not back down from Tyson, he would bring it hard right at Tyson no matter what Tyson did for 12 rounds. Frazier by late TKO or UD.

great fantasy matchup would be Frazier at 208 vs Holyfield 1991 or 1992 . I would pick Holyfield by UD, but it would be an amazing fight both guys would fight so hard it would just unbelieveable and they were both small with alot stamina, Frazier probably had a liittle bit better stamina, but it would be amazing fight and a total war.

Also Frazier vs Dwight Quawi at 208 or 200 pounds would be interesting. They both have a similar style and endless stamina. Frazier is naturally bigger and hits harder but Quawi had a very good chin, and just like Frazier never backed down always was coming forward.
              I agree with you in that Frazier would beat Tyson. But when it comes to Holyfield, I think Frazier would win here also. I see him giving Holyfield hell, just like he did with Ali. Frazier by UD. A good fight though!

Comment

one thing is almost sure, tyson would not knock frazier out cold, but he may however win because of unanswered punches, i do think he had a lot more heart than tyson, and if he is still in it after the first few rounds and is connecting with some of those left hooks, i think it would come down to who wants it more, and if it came to that frazier would win

Comment

Tyson all the way, just becasue i like him more

Comment

Ok, can we please dispel the myth about Tyson's awesome punching ability? Tyson's biggest KOs were against 3rd tier fighters or two washed up greats. Tyson's punching power isn't anywhere near Foreman's. If it were then he would have had no trouble knocking out Douglas, who had a rather weak chin himself. Tyson's punch would NEVER be enough to KO a prime Frazier.

I know you all love Tyson, but I just don't see a guy who lost to a lesser fighter (while in his prime) and never beat a great fighter (while in his prime) stands a chance against Frazier. Frazier has been tested and unless you are trying to be ignorant, you know that Tyson, in his prime, really wasn't. He may have KOd some names, but when he met an opponent with actual skill, he failed. Miserably.

Frazier KO 7.

Comment

let's face it joe frazier has never fought a boxer who's as fast and accurate as mike tyson, there is a high possibility that he would be overwhelmed in the early rounds. But even if mike didn't beat him in the early rounds he could easily go the dsitance, if fact when he was in his prime he actually enjoyed it.
                      Both fighters fought tough opponents but mike has the better record, he beat
                      Andrew Golota, Tony tucker, larry holmes, michael spinks,Pinklon Thomas, frank bruno twice, Donavon (Razor) Ruddock twice, and destroyed his son Marvis Frazier.

Joe frazier beat,
                      Jerry quarry twice, muhammad ali, jerry quarry, bob foster.
                      Oh yeah, and jimmy ellis.

Joe frazier has a bigger heart but imo has little chance of beating a focused prime tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X