No announcement yet.

Your Occupation outside boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Occupation outside boxing

Just wondering what sort of jobs boxers on the forum have. And how they arrange training around it.
    I think it would be a v helpful thread

Please post brief insight into your life,
    Whats your job? What hours you do?
    And how you train around it? (i.e train in morning or train in evening / How much sleep do you get)
    PS Im a carpenter, and i work 9-5 monday - friday. Train Monday weds Fri 7-9. Needs improvement i know
    Construction industry
    12.00%
    Financial industry
    16.00%
    Motor industry
    2.00%
    Healthcare /fitness
    10.00%
    Police, Army, fire etc
    0.00%
    Other (specify)
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Student...........

School from 8:20am to 2:55pm mon to fri. I usually wake at 6am to run, and i come home for a short period after school before going to the gym around 5. Coming home around 8, going to bed at around 9:30pm

Comment

I work in security...also known as being a doorman or bouncer. Im going back to school in january to try to do something better with my life.

Comment

I'm a student in History, third year.

Comment

an analyst. very boring job but you guys keep me entertained

Comment

I.T Computer Administrator

DMC

Comment

on weekdays i study international marketing, in the weekends i work as a bouncer and bartender

Comment

work as a File Clerk in a financial environment.

Financial Office, **** is boring, but it pays good enough.

Comment

Did tech and engineering till 56 years old and now laid off. So I've been working on a prototype robotic boxing trainer that I think works very well. It goes from slow to fast speed but it just throws straight punches, but it can go so quick, it's a challenge enough just like that.

Comment

Im a physiotherapy student (almost qualified yay!). Helps with boxing from an 'understanding exercise/the body/biomechanics' point of view, but is very detrimental to my boxing in that its a lot of hard work and study, and i cant train as much as i'd like to. I've had bouts where i've only been able to train properly twice a week in the run up to fight time due to the amount of uni work i've had going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X