No announcement yet.

Why dioesn't Clinton Woods get hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    There are more than a few Brit posters here who find something unpalatable about Hatton.

The better question would be, "How come us Brits don't hug Clinton Woods' nutsack like that of David Haye?"
    I'm discussing Clinton Woods. Not the messiah David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
      I'm discussing Clinton Woods. Not the messiah David Haye.
      Funny, I thought you were discussing Ricky Hatton there for a second.

Comment

From browsing on here, I sense a level of affection and respect for my hometown fighter Clinton.

Curious as to why a lot of you Yanks hold respect for him...

Enlighten me por favor.
        glen johnson x3 , roy jones jr. x1 , antonio tarver x1 , julio gonzalez x2

those are some solid fights.

he's not a great fighter but he fights top quality opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Funny, I thought you were discussing Ricky Hatton there for a second.
          I was using his name to emphasize the point I was making. You understand?

Comment

Good answers. I expected these to be the reason.

Thing is though, one could argue the same about HAtton, but he never gets this kind of love from the Americans.

Is it because Clinton isn't a genuine threat to the elite American fighters? Or is there something unpalatable to you all about Hatton et al.
            The bigger you are, the more haters you're gonna get. Hatton is huge. Clinton is not well-known.

Clinton is cool, he's obviously a nice guy, so he gets my respect.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Hatton's style is absolutely dreadful for me to watch. He bores me to tears in nearly every fight I see him in, aside from the Mayweather and Collazo fights. And as S.G. pointed out, he's shoved down our throats quite a bit.
              Hatton is way more exciting than boring ass Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD_OWNS View Post
                Hatton is way more exciting than boring ass Hopkins
                Agreed. But wiping my ass is more exciting than watching Hopkins fight.

Comment

Clinton's a cool guy. So is Hatton.

Most successful boxers are hated by atleast some sector of the population. In fact, anyone successful has a few haters.

Hatton's popularity in the UK is really beyond belief. He sold 50 000+ tickets to fight an unknown!!!

Now that's crazy. And if you think to yourself, why is this guy so popular? You realise it's because he has so much time for the fans. He treats his fans with a lot of dignity and respect, and he dresses like a normal english dude which keeps the fans in touch with him. Really, as a person, no-one should hate Hatton. But people inevitably will as success breeds envy.

Comment

From browsing on here, I sense a level of affection and respect for my hometown fighter Clinton.

Curious as to why a lot of you Yanks hold respect for him...

Enlighten me por favor.
                    Because he's not been overly successful, having lost to Jones and Tarver. He's non-threatening to the status quo...

Believe me, if he had defeated Jones, he would be hated just like Calzaghe is.

Comment

Working...
                    X