No announcement yet.

Wrist pain lifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist pain lifting

I started lifting more weight as I went along in my training but my wrists started to hurt. Like a sharp pain during and after a workout. So I cut back on the weight and started working more on building strength in them but now I can't lift over 50 lbs with out them hurting to where I drop the weights. I talked to a doctor and he of course told me I needed to lift less(Well worth the $50) Anyway my question is does anyone or has anyone ever had this problem and what should I do to correct it?

yeah, i did big time.

i have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome though..so i'm guessing that has to something to do with it.

Comment

Curly I have a similar problem... I use wrist wraps and they help alot. Your problem sounds worse than mine, good luck bro.

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a try. I have some hand wraps from boxing I'll try and use those for support.

Comment

You have a wife, how do your wrists hurt?

Comment

Curly Howard age 34 married 15 years.....Does that help?

Comment

you got married when you were 19? Sweet Jesus, your wife has to be hot.

Comment

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Yeah I have wrist pain too. It`s chronic now, never goes away. Took 3 weeks off where I did no lifting or strenuous activity whatsoever during that time to no avail. When I started lifting again the pain came back.

I bought some wrist wraps and those helped a lot especially on exercises where your wrst is bent backwards or bearing weight in some manner like military presses. What you can also try doing is varying the way do some exercises like bent over BB rows with the palms facing out (Dorian rows) or other such variations.

Another thing you might want to look into is reducing the number of workouts you do in a week. In the long term this helped me out since the wear and tear was lessened and the recuperation time extended.

I think that wrist pain is invetable if you are not genetically blessed with a strong bone structure or heavy duty tendons and ligaments. It`s got nothing to do with bad exercise form or whatever but just something that comes when you pass a certain threshold your body was not made to endure. It 's really frustrating because it affects all your upper body lifts and never seems to really go away. I don't know, apart from wrist wraps and so forth, if anything can really correct it, especially if you are commited to lifting more or less heavy weights.

My sympathies.:boohoo:

Comment

Sounds like you nailed it.......I never really lifted a lot before so this is all kind of new. Well I worked out but not like this....I was going 5 days a week and now I'm down to 2-3 days....It seems to help but I can't lift any more weight. Thanks for all of your advice and help.

Comment

Working...
                  X