No announcement yet.

training advice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training advice.

I need a good routine to max out my abdomen.

I have been doing crunches, leg lifts , etc.

thing is everytime I ask a trainer for advice I am getting differant programs everytime.

anybody got a good routine that you know works?

I do :

2 min of each of the following

Vaccumes
    Crunches
    Leg Lifts
    Cycling
    Side Bends
    Torso twists
    Crunches (again last)

Comment

whats a vaccum?

Comment

give an explination for each exersize.

oh and try sprinters - balance on your ass so your feet and your back are off the ground about 3 - 6 inches crunch but ring up left knee and down right hand rotate sides.

hey BZOB how many of each?

Comment

There is no definite ultimate ab exercise yet to be found...this is why every second infomercial is for a piece of ab equipment. You will get a wide variety of advice from trainers, because they will tell you what works for them, but all the same it may not work for you.

Personally, I find that any mix of crunches and hanging leg raises seem to work fine for me.

Another point is that people forget that their abs are working every exercise you do, especially in the gym. One of the best ways to gain abdominal strength is to do heavy tricep pushdowns, while concentrating not only on your actual pushdown form, but also on keeping the tension in your abs. This applies to a lot of weight bearing exercises

Comment

[quote:8b094035e3="Bzob"]I do :

2 min of each of the following

Vaccumes- on all fours suck you stomach in and hold it"like trying to fit jeans that do not fit you
            Crunches- self explanitory
            Leg Lifts-lay on your back lift leg up and lower them slowly, never toughing the ground and keeping them 8-10 inches from the ground
            Cycling- Lay on your back and move your legs like you are riding a bycicle, do it slow and it will suck
            Side Bends - self expln.
            Torso twists- twist to your left and right with a bowling ball or medicine ball in your hands. or use a staff or broom handle behind your head
            Crunches (again last)[/quote:8b094035e3]

Comment

Thanks you guys. I use to torso twist to warm up my stomach but im gonna add it in now.

I think ill go with

crunches - 100
              leg lifts - 3/10
              torso twists - ? yet to see.
              crunches - 100

what do you think.

Comment

sounds good, I have never did a set amout i have always gone for a time limit

Comment

I like to bring my knees up to my chest

Not sure what it's called but it works the lower abs

Comment

i would recommend doing all the basic ab workouts.... most important.... eat right.

Comment

Working...
                    X