No announcement yet.

Training Journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Journal

I think it would be a good idea for all the posters who also train to start a training journal thread. I think it would help to motivate each other to become better fighters and keep us all informed as to what everybody's doing to become better fighters.

Just come to this thread once a day or so and let everybody know how your training is going, questions etc.

I feel like **** today because I haven't trained since Monday, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna tomorrow because of the UFC and work. I need to get my ass in gear if I'm gonna reach my goals.

Comment

Great idea Snoop...this could help a lot of us, especially if we can get input from some of the fighters also...

Day off today for me. BJJ tomorrow am, saturday morning always a good session, generally more senior guys, either blues or vet white belts.

Trained wednesday after about 10 days off cause of work shifts etc :x but felt good on the mat. Worked mainly from underneath, a lot of guard work and working on some solid, neverfail sweeps for comp in a couple of weeks.

Have recently cut back on weight training from 4 times a week to about 2-3. Training a bit more generally, not so much isolated movements. Want to gain some more muscle mass so just lifting heavy compound movements.

Comment

Great idea. I will participate. I don't lift till tonight (and no bjj till sunday) so I will contribute then. I suggest all others participate in this as well!

Comment

Blow me slowly and tenderly.

Comment

[quote:2a4d1d4a82="Matt Jensen"]Blow me slowly and tenderly.[/quote:2a4d1d4a82]

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hahaha.....

Comment

[quote:fbf28060c5="Matt Jensen"]Blow me slowly and tenderly.[/quote:fbf28060c5]

I will make that an integral part of my training if it will make me a better fighter.

Comment

Only if you lick my ass Matt!

Just back from BJJ today. ****en hot day, about 35 degrees celsius (90 farenheit) so gym like a sauna. Rolled 3 20 minute sessions with a guy who is about 20lbs heavier, 7 inches taller and has 2 years more BJJ than me, and went pretty good. Avoided too many bad positions, swept him a couple of times, spent a lot of time in each others guard.

Feeling good as though a lot of things coming together for upcoming comp

Comment

Lifted last night, haven't been lifting nearly enough since I started BJJ, due to lack of time. Rolled with my brother a little, he's 3 inches taller and about 20 lbs. heavier, has less experience than me though. I will start a new nutrition plan on Monday, I'm 200 pounds right now and I want to get down to about 185 to 190 with about 7 to 8% bodyfat. I will compete for the first time in BJJ in January or February and I'm competing in a ToughMan boxing competition in April. I really need to get a workout and eating schedule that I stick too, any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                    X