No announcement yet.

Why the UFC is a joke...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the UFC is a joke...

I'm a fan of MMA but here's why I'll never get on UFC bandwagon.

Signs CM Punk, seriously? Could you imagine HBO putting CM Punk on a Boxing PPV vs a scrub? This is what the UFC will do.

The James Toney fiasco, for a company and a sport desperate to be taken serious they put a fat, old boxer up against one of their legends on a PPV fight? Would Couture vs James Toney have been a boxing PPV? Yet people pay their money for this.

They try and steal other fighters/ athletes for their own. No history? No problem. Lets pretend Bruce Lee was the father of modern MMA and put him on a UFC game for sales.

Is Dana White really that pally with Mike Tyson? They are using a broke former boxing great giving him free tickets and publicity to try and hype up their sport. Mike transcended boxing and is known as a 'fighter' as much as a boxer, what does UFC do? try and steal him for their own post retirement and get him to hype the **** out of their product.

Despite all this, UFC commentators will mention and reference boxing greats in nearly every UFC fight I see. "Silva looks like Roy Jones/Muhammad Ali", "That guard is like George Foreman's cross guard". Then you have idiots like Joe Rogan who **** on boxing every opportunity they get.

I'm glad the fad is struggling recently, it's like a spiteful little brother to boxing. It's fun to watch and I'd catch more of it if it wasn't for these things. Quit trying to prove yourself and get on with making the good fights people want to see. Jones vs Cormier is a start.

The ufc is interesting but has always been a joke. The hype from the commentators is a joke with zero class. I mean they air brushed James toney belly on posters....

Comment

the most marketable goes places, its not even close to a sport sadly..

Comment

Bruce Lee learned different styles and incorporated them into his own fighting style. He mixed them together. How is that not mixed martial arts? He was the first known guy to do that. He and the Gracies got things started. The Gracies have some more credibility as they actually competed to prove the effectiveness of their style though.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
          ur sig is airbrushed too

Comment

I think a lot of you guys take it way too serious... Who cares about them signing toney or cm punk...

Don't act like boxing wouldn't do something similar given the opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
              The ufc is interesting but has always been a joke. The hype from the commentators is a joke with zero class. I mean they air brushed James toney belly on posters....
              What are the reasons it's a joke?

Comment

The UFC is not a joke, it's a great organization that puts on ridiculously entertaining shows, all throughout the year. What more do you want? Having said that, yes the signing of a pro-wrestler is a joke. But it makes money, so it makes sense.

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                No, because it's a promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I think a lot of you guys take it way too serious... Who cares about them signing toney or cm punk...

Don't act like boxing wouldn't do something similar given the opportunity
                  Mickey Rourke is more famous than CM Punk and fought at the age of 62 the other day. Did the boxing world put in on PPV or even HBO/Showtime.. No we laughed at the gimmic.

Comment

There's other reasons. I respect Brock Lesnar and he was fairly good so I wont go there, and whilst I respect Ronda Rousey.. what business does she have in the top 10 MMA fighters list? I'm sure she was top 5 at some point. Just hype hype ype.

Comment

Working...
                    X