Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: I Would Love The Danny Garcia Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan could beat Garcia if he hurts him early and knocks him out. The longer the fight goes, the less chance Khan has of winning because he runs the risk of being hit with a shot that will no doubt hurt him.

Khan's problem is his chin, bottom line. You have to be able to take a punch in order to be a good, possibly great fighter. Even someone as great as Pernell Whitaker or Floyd Mayweather who were amazing defensive fighters got hit and handled it well.

Khan doesn't handle getting hit very well.

Comment

Khan wont say NO to a fight even with KINGKONG
      Gotta Respect him for that... We could have had some mouth watering fights if only a few others had the heart like him.

Comment

If he moves, fights from range a whole lot, he can win easily.

Whilst Khan had a less than stellar performance against Diaz, Garcia wasn't exactly impressive against Judah either.

If the fight gets made, I expect Virgil and Khan to be fine tuning every little aspect possible to make sure he comes out with the win. The only hope Garcia really has of winning against Khan's style is knocking him out, which we saw the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Khan could beat Garcia if he hurts him early and knocks him out. The longer the fight goes, the less chance Khan has of winning because he runs the risk of being hit with a shot that will no doubt hurt him.

Khan's problem is his chin, bottom line. You have to be able to take a punch in order to be a good, possibly great fighter. Even someone as great as Pernell Whitaker or Floyd Mayweather who were amazing defensive fighters got hit and handled it well.

Khan doesn't handle getting hit very well.
          The chances of that happening are very low, Khan landed cleanly during their first encounter, flush right hands to the chin, all it did was make Garcia fight more aggressive. Not once did he buckle.

At this point, I think it's kind of obvious what would happen if the two face off again so I say...why not Khan vs. Kell Brook, lets finally get that fight out of the way. Kell Brook ain't as good as Danny, maybe Khan could make things interesting.

Comment

Amir would be better off hoping for a case of hemorrhoids rather than getting into the ring again with Garcia. His fragile chin and Danny's punching power are a recipe for another disaster. As for moving up to welterweight...Lord have mercy on him.

Comment

Khan said that GARCIA WASEN'T an 'ELITE' fighter,
              and we saw who was elite this weekend....
              Garcia can take a good Wack, but with no WHISKERS,
              Khan remains an also Ran!!!

Comment

You cannot teach chin.

You certainly can't grow a new one either. Same result. Garcia by KO.

Comment

I like Khan, but Garcia would probably pole axe him again. Too good a chin, too good a punch. Khan could win a decision, but its unlikely he'll go 12 rounds without being clocked at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X