No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Talks Gamboa, Mayweather, Broner, PEDs, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Talks Gamboa, Mayweather, Broner, PEDs, More

By Mitch Abramson - Midway through a phone interview with 50 Cent, the rapper-turned-businessman-turned boxing promoter started to rap- literally.

He was discussing the alleged ties between Yuriorkis Gamboa, a boxer he now promotes, and an anti-aging clinic in Miami where Gamboa’s name recently appeared on a list of presumed clients. The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was trying to make the point that since Gamboa is working with him- the boxer would suddenly be subject to the same type of gossip and rumors that routinely follow him around, at least that was his explanation for why Gamboa appeared on the list. And that’s when 50 Cent started to rap.

“[Gamboa] was like ‘Why do you do this to me 50?’” Jackson said as if he was laying down vocal tracks for a new hit single in the same sing-song rapping style that made him a platinum-selling artist. “He’s so much of the 50 fighter, so that when he’s out and about it makes him feel like that additional [negative] energy is coming from [my] end.”

No stranger to controversy, 50 Cent has handled the negative publicity surrounding Gamboa about as easily as he handles feuds with fellow rappers. Judging from his relaxed response, it's obvious he has the temperament to handle bad press- now let’s see if he has the business savvy and stomach to actually survive in the boxing business.

After gaining entrée into the sport by befriending Floyd Mayweather, 50 Cent has now set out on his own as a promoter, signing a number of big names with an eye toward expanding his stable, even telling BoxingScene he’d like to one day lend his marketing savvy to the careers of Chad Dawson and Austin Trout and that he’d also like to be in business with Adrien Broner because he likes the youngster’s colorful, glitzy style. He also maintained that he and Mayweather are still friends and that he could see himself working with “Money,” along with Mayweather adviser Al Haymon in the future, despite an apparent rift. What's clear is that 50 Cent wants to infuse a little pizzazz into a sport in need of it, and he will get another chance on Friday when he co-promotes with Lou DiBella a card starring IBF featherweight champ Billy Dib on ESPN's Friday Night Fights. [Click Here To Read More]

Last I heard from 50 this white woman didnt want to kiss his gorilla looking ass.

Comment

This dude is DELUSIONAL! Floyd is NOT your friend anymore bro! Floyd will hold a grudge, he will never let this one slide! Your disposable, and made him look bad when you attacked him on twitter.

Comment

uggh 50 cent talking again

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

His explanation for Gamboa's links to a PED clinic were hilariously bad.

As far as boxing is concerned, the testing is fairly good.

Comment

This guy thinks he is a business genius, but Al Haymon can and will make him his b*tch. And 50 won't sweet talk his way back into Haymon's good graces. He won't forget the slight against him. But I could care less about him and Floyd's friendship, I just wish him well on bringing new eyes to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
              Last I heard from 50 this white woman didnt want to kiss his gorilla looking ass.
              Was gonna say the same lol.. Went in for the lips got the cheeks instead.

Comment

50 needs to understand 2 things.

Not every fighter is a ppv worthy superstar

And rapping into a ring or rapping on a wire

above a ring isn't entertaining or showmanship

it's pathetic and ghetto.

We like to see fighters fight.

We loved to watch Tyson walk to the ring with that

crazed look in his eyes ready for war.

No one was wanting to see Tyson rap or. Get his hair

brushed.

Leave that **** for WWE

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                  50 didn't come off looking no where near as bad that perv Amir did back in 2010 when he got dished by that white trash fat **** star. The sad thing he is probably could have f**cked if he would not have sent the chick a pic of his small Arab ****tail weenie, and those sick text messages glass chin MF.

GIFSoup

Comment

We're talking about you now because you're link to Floyd's name,since you're out of the circle, then you're 50 cent who? D O N E. Stay on rap n low budget movie bro!

Comment

Working...
                    X