Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get this straight BEFORE the Broner mismatch at the weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS' entire boxingscene campaign has been one giant crusade to defend and demand respect for Blighty.

why defend Blighty? boxing coaching standards here are dick, for the most part. worry about that. the UK produces its share of guys who are able to forge good careers primarily on athletic talent, but how many genuine world class technicians do these shores produce? they're few and far between.
    Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-15-2013, 05:01 AM.

Comment

you can just pretend hes american for this fight that way u dont feel emabarassed. is that what this is about

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        TS' entire boxingscene campaign has been one giant crusade to defend and demand respect for Blighty.

why defend Blighty? boxing coaching standards here are dick, for the most part. worry about that. the UK produces its share of guys who are able to forge good careers primarily on athletic talent, but how many genuine world class technicians do these shores produce? they're few and far between.
        This has nothing to do with "blighty", Rees might as well be from anywhere, he's a bum, and Broner would beat Burns, I gave burns the same **** for the mitchell fight, it was an average opponent, i didn't get carried away.

but I agree with what you are saying, training in this country is sorely lacking, I still on't understand why we have top level domestic coaches STILL teaching the ol' fashioned stand up british style that has been proven again and again not to work at top level.

We always lose the big one, Hatton-Mayweather Hatton-Pac Froch-Ward Haye-Wlad, always lose the big one, we are the best at being seond best, i'll admit that.

it is what it is though, i dont care admitting it

P.S, can you reveal what your original user handle was
        Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 02-15-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Amir Khan and David Haye? you've always gotten so upset about people criticizing those guys. i even like Amir. but why would anyone get so butthurt about people criticizing him? while sometimes exaggerated, most criticisms of him are essentially true - ie. he doesn't take the greatest punch in the universe and is a pretty limited technician.

David Haye deserves most of the criticism he gets. Floyd is a disappointing fighter? so what is David Haye? dude fights less than Floyd and has done a fraction as much with his career.
          Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-15-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

He tried to make a better fight, and this is what he has to settle for for now. Can't blame him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              Amir Khan and David Haye? you've always gotten so upset about people criticizing those guys. i even like Amir. but why would anyone get so butthurt about people criticizing him? while sometimes exaggerated, most criticisms of him are essentially true - ie. he doesn't take the greatest punch in the universe and is a pretty limited technician.

David Haye deserves most of the criticism he gets. Floyd is a disappointing fighter? so what is David Haye? dude fights less than Floyd and has done a fraction as much with his career.
              Re-read my post i edited it.

My problem with the Khan hate is not that people say "he doesn't take the greatest punch in the universe and is a pretty limited technician", it's that people say "Glass jawed brit***"

I don't get "butthurt" about it, but he gets a ridiculous level of hate considering he takes on top guy in their backyard regularly, a lot of the most "popular" fighters on here could learn a thing or two from khan, but they get Autopass because this site is frequented by heavier number of their fans than guys like Khan etc.

Comment

(yes, i am hijacking your whiny thread about a fighter's fans)

this isn't just hindsight wisdom, btw. three years ago when many folk (mostly British folk) on this forum were picking Khan to beat Bradley and making statements like 'Khan is MUCH more skilled than Bradley', i could be found here asking people to justify those statements in some detail and state exactly where Amir's technical advantages lay. because, as far as i could see it, he possessed few of them and Bradley had the deeper skillset by far. it all boiled down to Amir being fast and throwing a lot of straight punches and having a telephone pole jab, apparently (shame he was never taught how to actually use his jab - compare Khan's and Bradley's use of the jab against common opponent Lamont Peterson).

ofc, after his struggles, the hype on Khan has now cooled down and people may look back with some embarrassment at some of the proclamations they made for him.

the point i'm getting at is, if the UK's leading boxing lights don't want to end up looking like jokes in the longterm, maybe they could work on being LESS TECHNICALLY SHIT. when they catch flack for being limited, it's usually because they're limited.

the basic sentiment at the heart of almost all your threads/posts has been - 'how dare ye Americans criticize the fistic soldiers of Blighty!!!!! i will now recriminate and recriminate until ye have fallen asleep! the three year war shall be won! EXCALIBURRRRRR!!!!!!!!"
                Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-15-2013, 05:41 AM.

Comment

i'm just fucking with you out of mild boredom, though. i don't really care. make as many threads about US fighters' fans as you want. be warned i might hijack them occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Who even cares if he called out Burns and offered him tuppence?
                    What does this show apart from he called out and low-balled arguably the weakest of the world champions?
                    Lightweight titlist Adrien "The Problem" Broner hoped to face Ricky Burns in a title-unification fight, but the deal fell apart over money. Broner will face the next-best available opponent, former junior welterweight titleholder Gavin Rees.

Broner and Rees will meet Feb. 16 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J., in an HBO main event, Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer told ESPN.com on Friday.

Schaefer had been negotiating with promoter Frank Warren to match Broner with Scotland's Burns, but Schaefer said they asked for more than $1 million, which was way off what was budgeted for the fight

"Gavin Rees was one of the fighters on the short list of approved opponents by HBO," Schaefer said. "I guess he wanted the fight more since Ricky Burns outpriced himself. I can understand that a fighter would want a career-high payday when fighting Adrien, but when a fighter asks for three or four times his highest payday and wants payment tax-free, then it is simply a way of saying, 'No, I don't want to fight Broner.'

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-rees-february

So Burns asks for over 4 times the amount his previous career high payday to step in the ring with Broner and out of his own mouth flat out said he wasn't ready for a fight with Broner.

NSB's conclusion of the events?

"BRONER LOWBALLED HEM!!!!!!!11ONE"

Comment

if nothing else, it should be quite amusing to see Gav on a HBO World Championship Boxing card.

if there's anything to criticize about what is essentially a keep-busy deal (and piece of modest UK promo) for Broner, it's that the fight should be on BAD and not WCB. and it should be a non-title, 10-round affair ideally.

Comment

Working...
                      X