No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Scully Discusses The Split With Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Yes it has been confirmed. There's various stories on how it unfolded ranging from Dawson being flattened and kept on the floor as a précaution to just a KD.

Anyway a KD at the hands of a slow sparringpartner, who has a punch though, along with Dawson being manhandled by his other sparringpartners is or should be worrysome.
    Not to mention that Miranda is a natural middleweight...

Comment

I don't know how good Scully is at making a gameplan and running a training camp but I thought they came out with a solid strategy vs. Ward. Ward's timing was just on the money that night, Ward was just great that night. What I did notice was that Scully did a great job in the corner and gave very solid advice and showed great composure when Chad was going through adversity. We've all seen corners falling apart when champions get in trouble early(Berto's corner vs Ortiz, Mayweather's corner vs Mosley). Scully gave some sound advice he was excellent in the corner and that's the only part that fans really get to see.

Comment

I've known Ice for 10 years. One of the most level-headed people you could ever know. His analogies to Wives and the President show his awareness level and understanding of the world around him. The Hopkins game plan was perfect. Scully was not the nutritionist involve with weight loss. But after 10 Trainer changes, and other things I have seen, Dawson is showing that he is not emotionally mature yet and maybe someday will, after his career is past.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
          I still don't buy the weight excuse.

He lost to Ward cause Ward is that much better.
          If that's true, why didn't Ward move up to Chad's division?

Comment

Chad Dawson has always been Chad Dawson's biggest problem. Too much talent for him to have his head screwed on wrong. If he'd ever get his mind straight he would own his division.

Comment

Originally posted by punchypotorff View Post
              if that's true, why didn't ward move up to chad's division?
              because chad asked to come to his?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                I've known Ice for 10 years. One of the most level-headed people you could ever know. His analogies to Wives and the President show his awareness level and understanding of the world around him. The Hopkins game plan was perfect. Scully was not the nutritionist involve with weight loss. But after 10 Trainer changes, and other things I have seen, Dawson is showing that he is not emotionally mature yet and maybe someday will, after his career is past.
                No question that Chad is making a lot of wrong and immature moves.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  If that's true, why didn't Ward move up to Chad's division?
                  They asked for a catchweight at 170, but Ward wanted none of it.

Comment

I understand the trainer feels the need to say his piece but this post break-up back and forth does neither side any good and ultimately makes both look bad.

I realise Dawson started it but honestly, imo a dignified silence is the best way to handle these splits.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      They asked for a catchweight at 170, but Ward wanted none of it.
                      Only after the fact.

Anyways, great analogy about the ex wives. At some point you gotta blame the person in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                      X