Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Berto castigated for cherry picking Guerrero like Canelo was for Lopez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Canelo was flamed for fighting a 140 pounder, but at least Lopez had a win against Ortiz, who's just as big as Canelo and was actually considered an elite fighter. Now Berto is fighting a lighweight with a single 147 win against Aydin, who was a tiny welter and was basically a nobody.

I don't get why people consider this anymore legitimate than Canelo fighting Lopez.

I know some people are high on Guerrero, which is fine, but the fact is there still remains a huge natural weight difference.
    Because Robert is the one talking all the smack. Its almost like he is picking on Berto. So if he feels confident enough to talk all that ****, I see no problem with it.

If he loses it will be a "See what you get for talking all that ****" moment.

Comment

Lopez is part of a growing list of non light middles who Canelo has fought. What makes it even worse is Ortiz (if he'd won) is a welter so he'd of have to jump up weights aswell. So basically two welter's (well..one was a light welter) fought each other to then move up a weight to fight a guy who seems to only fight welters....and to be fair, he hasnt even fought decent welters.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Canelo was flamed for fighting a 140 pounder, but at least Lopez had a win against Ortiz, who's just as big as Canelo and was actually considered an elite fighter. Now Berto is fighting a lighweight with a single 147 win against Aydin, who was a tiny welter and was basically a nobody.

I don't get why people consider this anymore legitimate than Canelo fighting Lopez.

I know some people are high on Guerrero, which is fine, but the fact is there still remains a huge natural weight difference.
        "cause he's black" ?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Plus I think he's gonna beat Berto.
          me too guerrero is just a better boxer than berto

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
            me too guerrero is just a better boxer than berto
            hell definitely land on berto all night but i dont see him being able to stand up to bertos shots like he did aydins. berto is light years faster... so he will be able to land way more than aydin. it all depends if berto can take guerreros shots

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
              hell definitely land on berto all night but i dont see him being able to stand up to bertos shots like he did aydins. berto is light years faster... so he will be able to land way more than aydin. it all depends if berto can take guerreros shots
              Berto will take his shots. But I like Guerrero's defense and I think Berto will slow down/wear down as the fight progresses. I like Guerrero to win a competitive but clear decision.

Comment

Did Lopez beat an undefeated, "ducked", puncher at 154? Because Guerrero did beat Aydin at 147. This will be his second fight at 147, while that was Lopez's first and probably only fight at 154.

Comment

The class in skill between Berto and Guerrero is perceived to be a lot closer than Canelo vs Lopez. Canelo vs Lopez was supposed to be Canelo vs Ortiz obviously so fan and general public reception of Canelo vs Lopez was obviously gonna be a lot harsher when that fight fell through("Oh wow Canelo picking on another small guy, another nobody, etc...).

Also hasn't Ghost been talking shyt and calling out 147 pounders, like Mayweather? Either way totally different situations.

Comment

Big difference. Plus, IMO, if the Ghost isnt bombed out early it will be a looooooooong night for Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Berto will take his shots. But I like Guerrero's defense and I think Berto will slow down/wear down as the fight progresses. I like Guerrero to win a competitive but clear decision.
                      What defense did Guerrero show against Aydin? If Aydin threw any combos at all he stops Guerrero. That said he was still able to land his right hand often enough. Aydin was/is a one punch fighter and he still punched Guerrero whenever he wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                      X