No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko, Banks To Lead Kronk Restoration Cause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko, Banks To Lead Kronk Restoration Cause

Barely a day elapsed from the time of Emanuel Steward’s passing when a considerable piece of his legacy was already being stripped away.

“I saw a picture of the Kronk Gym, which has been destroyed. It made me really sad to see what happened,” noted Wladimir Klitschko, who was away in training camp for this weekend’s fight against Marius Wach at the time of Steward’s passing late last month. “Kronk Gym has existed for a long time and it will continue to exist. I will do my dedication to that.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Kronk fighters are the ones who this gym and it's history should matter most to, it's up to them to preserve the legacy. Much respect to Wlad for taking a major role in this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Barely a day elapsed from the time of Emanuel Steward’s passing when a considerable piece of his legacy was already being stripped away.

“I saw a picture of the Kronk Gym, which has been destroyed. It made me really sad to see what happened,” noted Wladimir Klitschko, who was away in training camp for this weekend’s fight against Marius Wach at the time of Steward’s passing late last month. “Kronk Gym has existed for a long time and it will continue to exist. I will do my dedication to that.”
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Wlad is such a great guy man

Comment

It all depends on the contents of Steward's will. His sister may have been appointed the trustee, although, if she had been, surely she would have said something. She must have had some authority to do what she did. If she had no authority she'll have to put everything back the eay it was, and whatever disposition Steward made in his will , will be carried out by his trustee.

At the same time, I can't quite understnad all the fuss about the"old familiar Plac I grew up with" theme. because that was the original gym which was closed down in 2006, as the report says. I was never able to quite understand why Steward, was going around actually begging for donations to keep the place going, He could have paid for it himself, rather letting the place close up instead. He had loads of money, a multimillionire several times over. I remember reading a report saying he was worth over $20 millions, and the gym was his particular baby. He made his money and fame from that gym.

Does Klitschko mean the original gym, or the recent location??

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          It all depends on the contents of Steward's will. His sister may have been appointed the trustee, although, if she had been, surely she would have said something. She must have had some authority to do what she did. If she had no authority she'll have to put everything back the eay it was, and whatever disposition Steward made in his will , will be carried out by his trustee.

At the same time, I can't quite understnad all the fuss about the"old familiar Plac I grew up with" theme. because that was the original gym which was closed down in 2006, as the report says. I was never able to quite understand why Steward, was going around actually begging for donations to keep the place going, He could have paid for it himself, rather letting the place close up instead. He had loads of money, a multimillionire several times over. I remember reading a report saying he was worth over $20 millions, and the gym was his particular baby. He made his money and fame from that gym.

Does Klitschko mean the original gym, or the recent location??
          I think the original was a city run gym wasnt it? It was in the basement of some other building or something like that. I dont know if he could really just buy it if they were closing it down and all.

Comment

Originally posted by el***
            I think the original was a city run gym wasnt it? It was in the basement of some other building or something like that.
            Used to be run by the police department, like many boxing gyms

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i just hope they come up with something coz it would be a real shame for nothing to happen,all those years of building the kronk name to what it is now for it not to be running would be a tragedy not only to the boxing community as a whole but to the fighters and youngsters who have been training there before manny passed away

Comment

most famous boxing gym in the world , that would be like somoen just going and closing rucker park
                gtfo

Comment

Wlad and Banks handle this great - I am just affraid that ghettopeople will destroy a newrestored Kronk again.

Comment

This sport needs for people like Wladimir,he is a honorable man and a great champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X