No announcement yet.

Re watched Matthysse vs Judah.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re watched Matthysse vs Judah.....

HBO outta be a damn shamed of themselves!!!

I got the impression that Max really, really wanted Zab to win.

Harold Ledderman's inconsistent score cards, giving Judah rounds that were obviously all Matthysse.

Roy Jones saying "Brilliant jab", after a single pitty pat jab from Judah, and not saying a single word, when Matthysse lands ANYTHING!!!

Jim Lampley, only calling shots that Judah landed, and talking about Vince Lombardi at one point, while Mattyhsse was touching him up.

Any time Mattysshe landed a nice combo, Max goes on to talk about what Zab needs to do to win, instead of talking about how Matthysse's winning the fight, and doing very well.

Compubox stats at one point, I believe right before the 7th or 8th, had Judah landing 10 more overall punches than Lucas. When the whole time, Ledderman, Max, and Jim are complaining about Zab not throwing anything, and letting his offense go.

From now on, no one is allowed to use compu box stats for their arguments!

Overall, the most pissed at Max/Roy, for their clear bias.

SMDH HBO.......

Although they did start to give Mattyhsse his props for the last few rounds, even then, they were acting like Judah wasn't on point, and still not fully giving Mattyhsse his full credit.
    Last edited by 1sballotHOF; 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM.

They did the same for Juan Diaz vs JMM, nutthugging Diaz hard until he got ko'd.

Comment

hey!, if roy said good jab by zab, it was a damn great jab

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
        HBO outta be a damn shamed of themselves!!!

I got the impression that Max really, really wanted Zab to win.

Harold Ledderman's inconsistent score cards, giving Judah rounds that were obviously all Matthysse.

Roy Jones saying "Brilliant jab", after a single pitty pat jab from Judah, and not saying a single word, when Matthysse lands ANYTHING!!!

Jim Lampley, only calling shots that Judah landed, and talking about Vince Lombardi at one point, while Mattyhsse was touching him up.

Any time Mattysshe landed a nice combo, Max goes on to talk about what Zab needs to do to win, instead of talking about how Matthysse's winning the fight, and doing very well.

Compubox stats at one point, I believe right before the 7th or 8th, had Judah landing 10 more overall punches than Lucas. When the whole time, Ledderman, Max, and Jim are complaining about Zab not throwing anything, and letting his offense go.

From now on, no one is allowed to use compu box stats for their arguments!

Overall, the most pissed at Max/Roy, for their clear bias.

SMDH HBO.......

Although they did start to give Mattyhsse his props for the last few rounds, even then, they were acting like Judah wasn't on point, and still not fully giving Mattyhsse his full credit.
        Max has always had a thing for Zab. Since his days of hosting Friday Night Fights over a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          They did the same for Juan Diaz vs JMM, nutthugging Diaz hard until he got ko'd.
          With the exception of Kellerman who seemed to realise JMM was the one doing the real damage when they went to the ropes.

Pac-Bradley was a whole new level though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSEb-hdq8M

Comment

you don't like pitty pat jabs that hit the gloves? what's wrong with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Thank you. Ive been saying the same **** for years

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                Thank you. Ive been saying the same **** for years
                Normally I am a fan of Lamps but he was really over the top with it when JMM was landing clean sharp counters and Diaz ineffective slaps for the most part.

Comment

I don't let their comments influence my scorecard. I watch each round carefully and score the round when it's over. I write down my thoughts on the round, such as if the round was close, or clear, or even. I had Matthysse a clear winner by a few points if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I don't let their comments influence my scorecard. I watch each round carefully and score the round when it's over. I write down my thoughts on the round, such as if the round was close, or clear, or even. I had Matthysse a clear winner by a few points if I remember correctly.
                    I was scoring the fight round by round, but my dear God. The commentating was atrocious. Sometimes your yelling at the screen like "Lampley! Call the got damn fight!". HBO needs a good play by play guy like Showtime has with Mauro Renallo.

I didn't even re watch it with the intent of focusing on the commentary. I saw a thread a few weeks ago, about how the fight wasn't a robbery, and I decided to watch it tonight. Maaaaaan, up to the the 9th round, I turned it off and had to start a thread about how bad the commentary was.

Comment

Working...
                    X