Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Pacquiao is not only a southpaw he is a pressure fighter, and he has more speed, power and better footwork than Miguel, he also throws combos and there is not another pro fighter out there than can match his stamina or work rate.
    That's why I can't see this Pac/May fight happening. Floyd's next excuse would be his offer of $40 million has expired. Just watch. (I'm serious about this. Fight will never happen.) Like I said, pressure overwhelms Floyd. Pacquiao is one of the best pressure fighters in the sport. Cotto would beat Floyd in a rematch. And I stand by that. I could care less about Floyd's butthurt fanboys. Pac fight would have happened a long time ago with ZERO roadblock if Floyd believes Pac is an easy fight.

Comment

• yup, a long time ago indeed had pacduck had agreed to the tests, but apparently needles weren't his thing at the time

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        No Cotto playing counter was a good thing, backing up making Floyd come to him was a good thing, he made Floyd miss and hit thin air.
        Counter punching with intent to back up Floyd is a good thing. That's the start of the pressure, anyway. It must start somewhere.

But if the intent is to just to keep him away is very disastrous.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          That's why I can't see this Pac/May fight happening. Floyd's next excuse would be his offer of $40 million has expired. Just watch. (I'm serious about this. Fight will never happen.) Like I said, pressure overwhelms Floyd. Pacquiao is one of the best pressure fighters in the sport. Cotto would beat Floyd in a rematch. And I stand by that. I could care less about Floyd's butthurt fanboys. Pac fight would have happened a long time ago with ZERO roadblock if Floyd believes Pac is an easy fight.

WHy didn't manny fight cotto without a catchweight like floyd did?

Comment

• And here's me thinking this thread was about fighters technical weaknesses, not the same old tired rubbish. I still haven't had a decent answer or debate about Manny being just as, if not more susceptable to boxer/counter-punchers, as Mayweather is to southpaws. Can we stick to facts rather than silly fanboy rants.

By the way, what does "butt hurt" mean? It sounds like something and eight year old would say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
              And here's me thinking this thread was about fighters technical weaknesses, not the same old tired rubbish. I still haven't had a decent answer or debate about Manny being just as, if not more susceptable to boxer/counter-punchers, as Mayweather is to southpaws. Can we stick to facts rather than silly fanboy rants.

By the way, what does "butt hurt" mean? It sounds like something and eight year old would say.
              That's because there is no debate. manny has lost before to Morales who was countering the crap out of him and lost his last fight against counterpuncher Juan Manuel Marquez. Floyd has lost a total of what 2-4 rounds against the 7 southpaws he has defeated throughout his career.

manny simply is more susceptible to counterpunchers. This is fact.

Comment

And here's me thinking this thread was about fighters technical weaknesses, not the same old tired rubbish. I still haven't had a decent answer or debate about Manny being just as, if not more susceptable to boxer/counter-punchers, as Mayweather is to southpaws. Can we stick to facts rather than silly fanboy rants.

8 year olds tell you that they were butt hurt, what have you been up to?

Comment

A lot of these posters are rather ****erotic. I countless random references to "butts", "d*cks", and the like. I don't even want to know where the "butt hurt" reference comes from. Anyway, these posters would rather duck intelligent debate in favor of consigning each other's nonsensical points of view.

Comment

• That "Floyd doesn't fight southpaws" **** has to be thrown out of the window by now. That **** was relevant when he hadn't faced any. Now, he has beat every damn southpaw he's met and his record is perfect.

Cotto has the best timed jab in the division. Pac's left doesn't come from a jab and he has to reach or jump in with it. You also seem to forget that southpaws are easily hit with a straight right hand. Floyd has the most effective straight right hand in the business.

Ortiz didn't land anything significant on Floyd and Floyd was able to shoulder-roll his punches. Ortiz is a southpaw.

Arum should shove it.

/end thread

Comment

• Focus on the something else when faced with intelligence, D4th?

Predictable and stupid.

Anyway, as stated, Pacquiao has struggled with counter-punching, been outlanded by it, lost to it. But hey, it's Mayweather that has the problem!

Comment

Working...
                      X