No announcement yet.

Pinklon Thomas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    Pinklon Thomas was a very good fighter when he had his head on straight. A true throwback to the fighters of the golden era of 60-70's heavyweights. I remember Angelo Dundee saying before his fight with Mike Tyson "Mike is a great fighter but not on the level of a Pinklon Thomas. When he is focused and in shape he's one of the best"

Obviously we watched Mike Tyson dismantle him, but I look at that as more a testament to the greatness of Mike Tyson and not that Pinklon Thomas was not a good fighter.
    The Thomas fight was one of Tyson's better title fight performances. Plus Pinklon was a little past his prime by then.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Pinklon Thomas was a very good fighter when he had his head on straight. A true throwback to the fighters of the golden era of 60-70's heavyweights. I remember Angelo Dundee saying before his fight with Mike Tyson "Mike is a great fighter but not on the level of a Pinklon Thomas. When he is focused and in shape he's one of the best"

Obviously we watched Mike Tyson dismantle him, but I look at that as more a testament to the greatness of Mike Tyson and not that Pinklon Thomas was not a good fighter.
      Yeah well, it seems anybody who Tyson dismantled came into the fight with a style that could trouble him and left a bum immediately thereafter. Not too many people like the idea of supporting a convicted rapist, and more dislike the popularity he received even before he became a lightning rod for the media.

Comment

Working...
      X