No announcement yet.

What does the BH section think of JCC's legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    He was the best fighter in the world from around '88 to '93. Having him there at that time wasn't overrating him.....but, (at that time) already calling him the greatest fighter ever, or saying he rated along Sugar Ray Robinson is the overrating you guys speak of...
    some people were considering him the best fighter of all time. That would qualify as overrating.

Even in commentary I think they were saying that if him and Terry Norris ever met up and fought at 147lbs(which was being discussed for a while) and Chavez won, then they might consider him the best fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      some people were considering him the best fighter of all time. That would qualify as overrating.

Even in commentary I think they were saying that if him and Terry Norris ever met up and fought at 147lbs(which was being discussed for a while) and Chavez won, then they might consider him the best fighter of all time.
      That would have been a serious feat...'cause Norris could possibly have been effective at 147. He came in a lot at 151-152 for his defenses. Enough to make Chavez the best ever? Of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        Yes, I heavily get that impression as well.

his diehard, overzealous fans just went overboard in their day. Now I think a lot of people dont give him the credit he deserves.
        Seems to be either GOAT or not even top 100 when somewhere in the middle probably about right. RJJ is going through it and no doubt Pac will cop for the same.

Comment

Easily one of the top 5 fighters of the past 40 years(Roy Ali Leonard Duran) and the greatest Mexican fighter of all time.

I also think its funny that in one thread you'll have people clamoring about resume being the end all be all, yet the same people will have Pernell Whitaker ranked over Chavez even though Pernell's resume isn't even top 20 of the past 40 years

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            Out of interest who fill the other 4 spots?
            Here's a hint: Since this is Forza, the other 4 are all white :geek9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
            X