Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Hopes The Major Fights Will Come After Krasniqi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly Hopes The Major Fights Will Come After Krasniqi

Mathematics graduate Nathan Cleverly reckons a politics degree may have served him better as he struggles to negotiate his way into high-profile unification fights.

The WBO light-heavyweight champion has been unable to build much momentum since completing his studies over two years ago and turning to boxing full-time.

Names such as Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson, Beibut Shumenov and Tavoris Cloud have all been mentioned but so far, Cleverly has been unable to lure them into the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haha, how many times have we heard this?

Comment

what big fights are there for him?
      he was in line for Hopkins, but that's over with
      win, lose, or draw vs Cloud, Hopkins will retire afterward
      Dawson will beat Pascal, and there might be a 3rd fight after
      Cleverly isn't in demand, so nobody's going outta there way to get him
      and all of these guys probably beat him anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        what big fights are there for him?
        he was in line for Hopkins, but that's over with
        win, lose, or draw vs Cloud, Hopkins will retire afterward
        Dawson will beat Pascal, and there might be a 3rd fight after
        Cleverly isn't in demand, so nobody's going outta there way to get him
        and all of these guys probably beat him anyway
        Too true... Fighting on Boxnation, no big names of his record, defending a WBO belt against nobodies at home all the time - must be a Frank Warren fighter!

Comment

Yeah a big fight against Jurgen Braehmer!! This guy is a parrot.

Comment

Cleverly really needs to leave that snake, Frank Warren

I know cleverly himself would fight anyone, but he's not doing himself any favours by staying with Warren.

Comment

Fight Kovalev on NBC. A Win will get you a fight with anybody

Comment

Braehmer is a decent opponent to be fair, not the best but certainly a legit alphabet title contender. He'd really be doing himself a lot of favours by putting up or shutting up though, fans are getting tired of him promising them he will take a tough fight against one of the top 3 in the division and not delivering for what 2 years now.

I agree with someone else about Kovalev making a good opponent, but somehow I can't see Warren putting him in that tough a fight for a non big name opponent. I'm not even gonna speculate though he has 2 fights before any 'big' fight, with at least 1 of those opponents being a legitimate threat. Talk about the big fights once the mandatories are out the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                  Haha, how many times have we heard this?

Way too many...

I doubt he'll step up after Krasniqi; he'll just talk about it.

Comment

Well he has two mandatory's first i.e. he has to fight them.

No:1 Contender in Krasniqi and Breahmer a former World Champ.

Two decent fighters and fights, not elite guys but two genuine World level fighters and 10 times harder than his last 2 fights.

After the two I'd hope to see unification match ups in this division.

Comment

Working...
                    X