Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do robberies happen? Lack of investigative journalism in boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do robberies happen? Lack of investigative journalism in boxing.

Boxing has few - if any - investigative journalists. Judges have nothing to fear because there is no one out there to "out" or "expose" them.

Sure, we have guys that go around the fighters and ask them stuff. But who the hell is investigating the DIRT in boxing?

All we have is ESPN-like infomercials who yap along with the industry, and a few who will call the injustice, but will not go looking for all the WHYs.

I think the major problem is the amount of journalists that are in the promoter's pockets. There seems to be lots of them out there who are biased towards Bob Arum and Top Rank. However I think that the sanctioning bodies need to try and take more control. They have a lot of power and ability to make certain fights happen and make rematches happen, but a lot of the time they don't force it. Hopefully the WBA will retain Abril as the #1 contender and let him fight for the title in his next fight. If they don't, then I will feel bad for him because he should be champion right now and the only reason that he isn't is because of corruption.

Comment

Well nobody wants to lose out in the monies they would be making, They would lose privileges with promoters etc Take Steve kim for example, You know whenever he critises a Top rank fighter he must have rang Top rank first just to make it look legit, Most american boxing journalist are a disgrace anyways they have too many personal emotions involve in their stories which makes them have a biase opinion towards every story.

Comment

Kellerman will surely have something to say

Comment

IMO, all we can do as fans is continue to bring up these judges names and HOPE someone looks into it or takes action towards the situation.

here is a thred I started a while back.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=536829

Gale Van hoy was a judge in the Kirkland-Molina fight i think as well.

Comment

I like your idea, and couldn't agree more. We need to get some investigation into this sport.

Comment

George Bush doesn't care about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                IMO, all we can do as fans is continue to bring up these judges names and HOPE someone looks into it or takes action towards the situation.

here is a thred I started a while back.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=536829

Gale Van hoy was a judge in the Kirkland-Molina fight i think as well.
                Yes. We have to do the work the investigative journalists should do.

But until there is a real press someone "in the know" can use to get the truth out, we will never have a "whistleblower".

I would love to know who the hell were those judged. Where did they study, if at all. How attached are they to the promoter. Have they cashed a check from the promoter. Were they offered rooms, food, etc. Have they made any big investments shortly before or after a controversial decision.

Until we have real press, we have to do the legwork.

Now I'm going to watch one of those "infomercials"" (Cotto/Mayweather 24/7).

Comment

Working...
                X