No announcement yet.

Good Handwraps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Handwraps?

I'm in the market for some new handwraps.

The everlast ones suck imo. And I've been looking into getting some grant or ringside wraps.

Which ones would you guys recommend?

Everything made or even associated with Everlast sucks. They should have gone out of business 10 years ago. My favorite wraps of all time are the Ringside Gel Shock Handwraps: http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-Gel...ductinfo/GSHW/ Good looking, convenient, protective, and comfortable as they can be. I hated wrapping my hands until I started using them.

I wouldn't buy any products from Grant other than their "Professional" line of gloves. Everything by Grant other than that line of gloves is overpriced trash (literally).

Sorry I can't say more, I have to run now. Whatever you choose, good luck.

Comment

I have the grant 200". kinda dissapointed by them. The material is a little rough and can get too tight. Its supposedly elastic but not really stretchy. To each their own though

I also have the title gel wraps like the ones above. Theyre decent, but I like the feel of elastic wraps around my hands better.

Comment

Alright thanks guys. I'll be sure to pick up some Ringside wraps.

Comment

And would any of you guys recommend some good affordable training gloves?

Comment

whats affordable to you? Shoot affordable for me is using evarlast wraps and our own gym's gloves that cost me $60.

Comment

Something around the price of $40-$50.

Comment

For training gloves, Ringside IMF gloves are the way to go, but since you said $40-50 it's a different story. You can't find many quality gloves for that price. I hate almost all of Title's products, and the only pair of their gloves I've been happy with are these (and I cut the cuffs off): http://store.titleboxing.com/tsgv.html

So for that price on gloves, I'd shop Ringside first and see if there's anything you like for that price and as a second resort I'd get the Title ones above (if you can afford $60+ shipping). I hate how down and pessimistic I am on all the glove brands but Ringside, Cleto Reyes, and Grant (only their Professional series) are the only brands I've been satisfied with. Everlast and Title can go to hell (except for Title's gloves that I listed above).

Comment

Originally posted by Brickfists3 View Post
                  For training gloves, Ringside IMF gloves are the way to go, but since you said $40-50 it's a different story. You can't find many quality gloves for that price. I hate almost all of Title's products, and the only pair of their gloves I've been happy with are these (and I cut the cuffs off): http://store.titleboxing.com/tsgv.html

So for that price on gloves, I'd shop Ringside first and see if there's anything you like for that price and as a second resort I'd get the Title ones above (if you can afford $60+ shipping). I hate how down and pessimistic I am on all the glove brands but Ringside, Cleto Reyes, and Grant (only their Professional series) are the only brands I've been satisfied with. Everlast and Title can go to hell (except for Title's gloves that I listed above).
                  Your wayyyyy to critical. Everlast cheap stuff is trash I agree but if you get their top of the line stuff, it's very good.

I think the Everlast wraps you get are ok, even better than the same prices ringside and Title because they last longer. The Title and Ringside tend to rip at the velcro once you have used them enough times. I have had these Everlast wraps and they have lasted a long time.

I have some Cleto Reyes wraps that have lasted me about 15 years, no exaggeration. The only down fall is they don't have that Mexican style elasticity, which is weird since they are Mexican made.

Title Gel series gloves are good for training, Title has actually stepped up in the quality dept and they have the best prices.

I use Reyes gloves because they fit my hands so good but they are expensive.

Comment

I thinking of getting these everlast training gloves.

http://www.everlast.com/Protex2-Trai...tinfo/EVPT2TG/

Comment

Working...
                    X