No announcement yet.

Need your suggestions/votes in choosing my next gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your suggestions/votes in choosing my next gloves

I'm not sure which one to pick, would like some feedback.

In the past I've worn Rings*de and Fairtex bag gloves. For tourneys/sparring I've worn Rings*de, Fairtex and Cleto Reyes fight gloves.

I was checkin' out T*tle and Rings*de's websites and I was surprised that they also have "Training" gloves along with bag gloves, sparring glove & fight gloves .

****, back in my amateur days, I thought there were only two types of gloves.... bag gloves and fight gloves(i left it to my coach to buy the gloves for me and never really bothered with checkin' out the websites myself)

Now, I don't feel like spending $$$ on purchasing two gloves for the heavybag and one for sparring. Are Training gloves suppose to be a cross between bag gloves and sparring gloves?

And if this is the case, then I guess I'm buying the Training gloves. Or is it still better to buy two types of gloves to serve different purposes? Please advise
    IMF Tech-training gloves
    23.08%
    Ultimate Training Gloves $99.99
    0.00%
    Twins Lace-up Thai Training gloves $69.
    15.38%
    Rival Elite bag gloves $84.
    7.69%
    Cleto Reyes Super Bag gloves $129.
    53.85%
    Ultimate Bag gloves $99.99
    0.00%

I've always been under the asumption that training gloves were supposed to be a solid blend for both bag work and sparring.

But I'm not a boxer, and you probably don't want to take my opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      I've always been under the asumption that training gloves were supposed to be a solid blend for both bag work and sparring.

But I'm not a boxer, and you probably don't want to take my opinion on this.
      That's what I thought too. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

I mean, if y'all look at the gloves, most of the high-end ones are made of all-leather. But the bag gloves seem to be the outsider, whereas the Training gloves, sparring gloves, and fight gloves are virtually the same.

Comment

For now, I'm leaning towards the Twins lace-up Thai training gloves because its cuff are extra long and has more padding than boxing gloves, the reason for this, is to absorb the impact when blocking shin kicks with the forearms.

Comment

Millions of gay threads about this in training section, why not just open up one of them? Reyes mould fit to yer hands liek a condom, and their 12oz sparring gloves are the bestest

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
            Millions of gay threads about this in training section, why not just open up one of them? Reyes mould fit to yer hands liek a condom, and their 12oz sparring gloves are the bestest
            You're correct, there are other threads talking about gloves. But, the question is, should I bother with buying two gloves, ie bag gloves for the heavybag, or does the training gloves suppose to serve two purposes, which is for sparring and hitting the bags.

Comment

I'd like to hear your recommendations and vote

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post

In the past I've worn Rings*de and Fairtex bag gloves. For tourneys/sparring I've worn Rings*de, Fairtex and Cleto Reyes fight gloves.

I was checkin' out T*tle and Rings*de's websites and I was surprised that they also have "Training" gloves along with bag gloves, sparring glove & fight gloves .

****, back in my amateur days, I thought there were only two types of gloves.... bag gloves and fight gloves(i left it to my coach to buy the gloves for me and never really bothered with checkin' out the websites myself)

Now, I don't feel like spending $$$ on purchasing two gloves for the heavybag and one for sparring. Are Training gloves suppose to be a cross between bag gloves and sparring gloves?

And if this is the case, then I guess I'm buying the Training gloves. Or is it still better to buy two types of gloves to serve different purposes? Please advise
                bro you are asking this question in a a forum where most don't box. but i'll give you my 2 cents. i am the only one who voted for the ringside imf tech gloves, but they are they best all around glove for your purposes. i use them for the same thing, an all-purpose sparring and bag glove. most people at my gym use the imfs too, because of their extremely good quality for the money and the excellent hand protection.

of course everyone on this forum is going to vote for cleto reyes gloves, because manny pacquiao, oscar de la hoya, miguel cotto, margarito, and a sh%tload of pro boxers use them in fights. the thing is, all of the aforementioned boxers don't use reyes in training. they do not offer enough hand protection. they use reyes in fights because they are "punchers gloves" and they want knockouts.

pac, dlh, cotto, and margarito all use Winning gloves, headgear, and cups in sparring, but Winning (go to www.winning-usa.com) is mad expensive. that being said, stick with the ringside imfs!

Comment

training gloves = sparring gloves. same thing.

don't use your training gloves for bag work because 1) they won't last nearly as long, and 2) it sucks getting hit in the face with worn out jagged gloves.

call ringside or title and ask your questions. people make way too big of a deal about buying gloves. just call the companies and ask your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post

Basically what I thought, as well. As far as recommending a choice for the gloves you are asking about, I can't really help you, as I have no experience with them. This is my set:

The black one's are my 14 oz bag gloves. The white one's are my 14 oz sparring gloves. Both are everlast, and I have never had a problem with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X