No announcement yet.

New Williams Interview Disses Pavlik, Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Williams Interview Disses Pavlik, Margarito

On the boxingscene interview on the front page, Paul says he wants to hold belts at 147, 154 and 160 at the same time. He also says he knows why Pavlik pulled out and calls out Margarito among other things. He said he's willing to fight anybody at any weight. That includes Clottey (haha Clottey). He gives his love to Cali and the westcoast and says he feels like he's a part of Cali now. He picks Mosley over Mayorga "You always pick a boxer over a slugger" and apologizes to his fans for the one round fights.

Pavlik pulled out because it wouldn't prove anything if he beat a guy who spent the majority of his career at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
      Pavlik pulled out because it wouldn't prove anything if he beat a guy who spent the majority of his career at welterweight.
      It's actually Paul who pulled out.

Comment

I'd rather see Williams vs Pavlik then Hopkins vs Pavlik. The reason I say that is I am a huge fan of all three, but Hopkins is past his prime. He still has a good chance vs Pavlik, but it's hard for me to watch Hopkins lose to guys like Calzaghe due to his no-offense approach.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          No he didn't. Arum called the negotiations off after the money by Haymon and HBO was put up.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Then Paul is smart, by what the topic creator said he said Paul said pavlik was the one who pulled out.

Comment

Then Paul is smart, by what the topic creator said he said Paul said pavlik was the one who pulled out.
              Pavlik did pull out. Due to Bob Arum. This is the first anybody has said Paul pulled out, so the poster is clearly mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by nbk187 View Post
                I'd rather see Williams vs Pavlik then Hopkins vs Pavlik. The reason I say that is I am a huge fan of all three, but Hopkins is past his prime. He still has a good chance vs Pavlik, but it's hard for me to watch Hopkins lose to guys like Calzaghe due to his no-offense approach.
                I'd rather see Calzaghe/Pavlik, but Calzaghe is a ***** and fights a shadow of Roy Jones Jr. The same roy jones jr, calzaghe said in his own book that he would never fight because he is a shadow of his former self... Nice eh? Instead of taking that fight with roy, he should have went for legacy and fought pavlik.

Comment

I'd rather see Calzaghe/Pavlik, but Calzaghe is a ***** and fights a shadow of Roy Jones Jr. The same roy jones jr, calzaghe said in his own book that he would never fight because he is a shadow of his former self... Nice eh? Instead of taking that fight with roy, he should have went for legacy and fought pavlik.
                  Haha Calzaghe said that?? He looks like a fool now. He also looks like a fool when he says Pavlik didn't want to fight him. I hope RJJ beats Calzaghe, and he might, because Calzaghe has no power that he has to be gun shy of.

Comment

Oh man, lol We need to get ontop of this ****. Make Williams vs Angulo happen. That will be an amazing match up.

Comment

Working...
                    X