Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mathysse beats Garcia ! ... How ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I think it's because psychologically a lot of these guys on this site are not used to success in their personal lives so they look at these fighters " the overlooked never got a chance unlucky" types as a personal extension of themselves. They want to be able to root for someone who they identify with ... But watch out because if that fighter ever does become successful they will be the first ones to tear him down ... Because god forbid they root for someone who's successful

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
      Honestly I think it's because psychologically a lot of these guys on this site are not used to success in their personal lives so they look at these fighters " the overlooked never got a chance unlucky" types as a personal extension of themselves. They want to be able to root for someone who they identify with ... But watch out because if that fighter ever does become successful they will be the first ones to tear him down ... Because god forbid they root for someone who's successful
      post of the century. its just like the music biz they wanna feel like they were there when u were nothing, once you get big and actually wanna make money they come in calling u a sell out. its like they would rather have them stay unknown and poor. might we well get the winners like danny fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
        post of the century. its just like the music biz they wanna feel like they were there when u were nothing, once you get big and actually wanna make money they come in calling u a sell out. its like they would rather have them stay unknown and poor. might we well get the winners like danny fellas.
        That's exactly what I was thinking of (the music biz -hip hop) ... It's one of those weird things, like " yo check this guy out , check this guy out" then all of the sudden he makes it big and its like " I used to listen to him back in the day ... I like his old **** better" lol it's like WTF !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          I've been trying to figure this stuff out as well...dudes on here are just caught up...thats my only explanation...we all watch the same fights but we don't watch them the same...I smile when I see dudes call Danny a brawler...that blows my mind...to have the amature pedigree he has, he MUST know how to box...dudes like Lucas, Nelo and GGG don't have to beat anybody for dudes to say they'll beat everybody...call them eye candy for the kids...I have no other explanation for the madness

I don't think..better yet, I KNOW Lucas won't beat Danny...his speed is not Khan like and I would say Holt is a slicker more dangerous puncher...Lucas is probably more durable than those guys but he can definitely be countered from mid range....he's not so hard to hit neither is Danny so its not hard to see either dude getting busted up...Danny been there before...after Feb 9 there will be dudes who are gonna think twice...even though Zab is so called washed up...the ass whooping he get is gonna make dudes go hmmmmmm
          dudes.....

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
            Yea I thought he beat Alexander too that's the one that really stings though... He didn't smash him either though clear 7-5 Mathysse ...
            Now that I'm certain TS is going out of his way to hate on Matthysse, I'll go ahead and point out that this posts says Matthysse beat Alexander 7-5. I'll let the rest of you decide how credible TS's knowledge of Matthysse is based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Now that I'm certain TS is going out of his way to hate on Matthysse, I'll go ahead and point out that this posts says Matthysse beat Alexander 7-5. I'll let the rest of you decide how credible TS's knowledge of Matthysse is based on that.

It was only a 10 round fight?

I scored it 96-93 with the knockdown for Lucas.

The judge who scored it 96-93 Alexander should be took behind the back of a barn & shot. How the hell could you even have that score? Corrupt.
              I would love someone to sit these judges down and make them talk through just how they came to some of these ridiculous scores they come out with.

Even giving Alexander all the close(r) rounds and ignoring the knockdown I fail to see how you could come up with him winning by such a margin. Pretty clear cut rounds imo

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                It was only a 10 round fight?

I scored it 96-93 with the knockdown for Lucas.

The judge who scored it 96-93 Alexander should be took behind the back of a barn & shot. How the hell could you even have that score? Corrupt.
                I would love someone to sit these judges down and make them talk through just how they came to some of these ridiculous scores they come out with.

Even giving Alexander all the close(r) rounds and ignoring the knockdown I fail to see how you could come up with him winning by such a margin. Pretty clear cut rounds imo
                Matthysse and Kotelnik are two very good cautionary tales about fighting Devon Alexander at home. If you give Devon Alexander WAY too much credit, he won 5 rounds, which still means he lost. And that's giving him too much credit. It's more realistic to give Alexander 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Matthysse and Kotelnik are two very good cautionary tales about fighting Devon Alexander at home. If you give Devon Alexander WAY too much credit, he won 5 rounds, which still means he lost. And that's giving him too much credit. It's more realistic to give Alexander 3 or 4 rounds.
                  Played myself on that one forgot it was a 10 rounder haven't seen it in quite some time either way .... Yeah 6-4 Mathysse

Comment

Here's the way i look at it you've got two VERY hard punchers and two SOLID brawlers, however in both areas i feel as though Lucas wins by a wide margin both have solid chins however it simply comes down to what way this fight goes and lets face it it's likely to be a brawl and if/when that occurs if you've got two brawlers but one is the better brawler well then the better brawler is gonna win also considering the fact that Matthysse is the smarter brawler i believe that once he figures out the inside game Danny is done.

Look i'm not saying Danny hasn't got a chance as a matter of fact i think this is a nice solid competitive war up until the stoppage i just think taking everything into consideration and examining both fighters skills, ability and similarities that you will find that Lucas is the superior fighter and when it comes down to it the one that's most likely to get the stoppage.

Just my two cents.

Comment

It's not a 100% sure thing he KOs Garcia, it's just an opinion. Matthysse seems like a better fighter to me.He is faster, hits harder, and has better boxing skills. Lucas KOs almost everyone he fights and he should KO Garcia in my opinion. Garcia comes to fight and it's hard to beat Matthysse in a slug out. Garcia is a good fighter and he could win but I favor Lucas off what I have seen from both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X