No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Will Vacate IBF Title If Needed For Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Will Vacate IBF Title If Needed For Kessler

IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch will vacate his title in order to finalize a rematch with WBA "regular" champion Mikkel Kessler - if the International Boxing Federation denies his request to delay a mandatory fight with Adonis Stevenson of Canada.

Froch's promoter, Eddie Hearn, has yet to reach an agreement with Sauerland Event, who promote Kessler. Froch's back is now against the wall as the IBF ordered him to face Stevenson and both sides have until January 15th to reach an agreement or a purse bid will be called.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wouldn't mind this move.....

Comment

What happens if he vacates and the Kessler fight doesn't get signed?

Comment

Froch is THE TRUTH!

Comment

Good idea.

Boxers should ignore these stupid sanctioning organizations.

Comment

I know why he would vacate !!! Stevenson would knock his arse out in 2 rounds easy. Froch is outdated now...

Comment

Not that IBF is the worst, but an immediate defence is harsh. They should give him a delay at least, given he's facing another belt holder.

If not, yeh teach em a lesson and don't face Stevenson. They'll probably cave because they want the money.

A little embarrassing though that Hearn Froch's promoter said he'd fight Stevenson, now Froch says no he won't.

Comment

Froch a badass Mofo

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  Not that IBF is the worst, but an immediate defence is harsh. They should give him a delay at least, given he's facing another belt holder.

If not, yeh teach em a lesson and don't face Stevenson. They'll probably cave because they want the money.

A little embarrassing though that Hearn Froch's promoter said he'd fight Stevenson, now Froch says no he won't.
                  Whats embarrassing about it? Froch-Kessler is the fight people want to see, and the IBF is trying to push this fight down our throats

Comment

I have personally seen stevenson fight live in montreal about 7 or 8 months ago and let me tell you this guy can punch, knockout power every time he hits and he can also take very good punches. He's got a big size for a SMW and he's a lot tougher than eveyone says. You can see that for yourself by viewing his fights. He can withstand lots of power and for 12 rounds if he has to. He could give froch a run for his money and from my point of view, win this fight

Comment

Working...
                    X