• Show
Clear All

A few things i think will happen throughout the fight;

-Mayweather will walk cotto down
    -Cotto will let mayweather be aggressive and come forward
    -Cotto will walk mayweather down
    -Both will stand their ground in some wicked exchanges

Comment

Yes. Cotto will probably pressure him in spots, just like Ortiz did, but for the majority of the fight, I see Floyd walking him down. And once that happens, Cotto has NO SHOT TO WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        Yes. Cotto will probably pressure him in spots, just like Ortiz did, but for the majority of the fight, I see Floyd walking him down. And once that happens, Cotto has NO SHOT TO WIN.
        I dont think its in mayweathers best interest to try and become something he's not (volume puncher). Cotto has no problem being tagged by the occasional hard shot, and has no problem throwing back. Its only been the volume punchers that can put him in trouble. Everybodys open to be hit when they are throwing, does mayweather really want to do that and open himself up?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          I don't see Floyd backing Cotto up until he starts dominating the fight. Once he does that and hurts Cotto, then he might but I think Floyd will be content to dominate as a counter puncher.
          I hope so..

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            I dont think its in mayweathers best interest to try and become something he's not (volume puncher). Cotto has no problem being tagged by the occasional hard shot, and has no problem throwing back. Its only been the volume punchers that can put him in trouble. Everybodys open to be hit when they are throwing, does mayweather really want to do that and open himself up?
            Just because he's walking him down doesn't mean he'll become a volume puncher.

He's still going to average around 40 punches around whether he walks him down or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              He cant fight on the backfoot?..He MASTERS Fighting on the backfoot, didnt u see his fight with Margarito???..Thats the problem Floyd will have in this fight...Floyd is gonna walk him down, but Floyd has been fighting offensive minded fighters who cant fight going backwards, and Cotto MASTERS That style...You dont even watch cotto, stop it bro!!!!
              Fighting super slow Margarito doesn't make you a master at fighting on the backfoot. Floyd won't have a problem if Cotto try to fight that way, Cotto will just be throwing jabs and then few hooks in spots when Floyd stop moving, but Floyd will find openings because Cotto tend to positioned himself where he can easily be hit by the straight right hand. Cotto looked faster than usual against Margarito, but so have every other opponents that have fought Margarito.
              Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-20-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Mayweather is a superior boxer in every way in the ring. Cotto will need to box him and apply pressure without falling into traps that Mayweather will try to set up for his counters. If Cotto leans in at all when coming forward hes gonna get tagged often and if he can't adjust the punches will get harder. The only way Cotto wins is if he can handle Mayweathers power if not, he looses. He needs to out fox the fox and that means be first and often and be able to get Mayweathers respect while doing it. If Cotto could win it would be a huge upset, if I watch it I just hope it is a fight!!! Its time for Floyd to come off the ropes and get to work, Cotto like most fighters can't back up and fight so thats how he should be fought. Mayweather should dominate this guy but we'll see what Cotto is all about now! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  He cant fight on the backfoot?..He MASTERS Fighting on the backfoot, didnt u see his fight with Margarito???..Thats the problem Floyd will have in this fight...Floyd is gonna walk him down, but Floyd has been fighting offensive minded fighters who cant fight going backwards, and Cotto MASTERS That style...You dont even watch cotto, stop it bro!!!!

Comment

yep..........he will bust him up and walk him down.by the 7th we will be saying the fight needs to be stopped

Comment

Its been years since cotto hasnt been backed like

like 5 years

Minus Foreman

Comment

Working...
                      X