Collapse
No announcement yet.

did the brits boo hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno why the British got so much hate against khan...i think its cos our papers hype him up more then he probably even wants....and because hes been knocked down alot of times they criticize him alot.... People just read papers and believe what it says, and they can be harsh on khan somtimes but alot of the time hype him up abit to much, which makes them start to dislike him...

Personally im sure its a race issue aswel...people may disagree with me but i live in this country and i know 2 many people here whether they are black or white...tht have something against asians and they are unaware that they are racist lol...its pretty pethetic

Like someone else said before if it was a black fighter or white fighter...im sure they wouldnt get the same treatment....im probably the only person in my college class that watches boxing...yet every1 seems to tell me khan is **** lol...i think they are forgetting he lost to a good prospect fighter and is still only 22, and has only now got a good coach....They claim he is hyped "because he is asian" abit stupid IMO......and of course the fact he is muslim doesnt help....
    Last edited by AssasinKing; 05-01-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

England allways needs someone to dump all the **** on. At the moment its khan, why? Because he was overhyped by media and himself, done feck all really, crap chin, and i think (i know its bad and i dont agree with it) but its cos hes muslim

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        The Brits probably think he's a traitor for training with Pacquiao.
        someone should email this pic to khan with the title ''You cant just betray me *****! YOU CANT JUST BETRAY BRITIAN!''

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          Khan has been getting untold stick here, long before he was training with Pacquiao. I personally haven't got a clue why?

Take Kell Brook out of the equation,and Khan is easily the most talented fighter we have. He chin is crap, that's the downfall.

The hate he gets, is baffleing to me - It really is!?!
          Khan does get it.

I have no idea why.

It'll be interesting the kind of turnout Khan gets against Kotelnik as he is the headline man there and in London too.

Comment

Khan has been getting untold stick here, long before he was training with Pacquiao. I personally haven't got a clue why?

Take Kell Brook out of the equation,and Khan is easily the most talented fighter we have. He chin is crap, that's the downfall.

you know your stuff brook is the bees knees.

Comment

I'm sure if Khan had buck teeth and was training with a British trainer, they would support him. But honestly the hate brits seem to be giving him is probably because of his faith which is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                Khan does get it.

I have no idea why.

It'll be interesting the kind of turnout Khan gets against Kotelnik as he is the headline man there and in London too.
                The Pakistani and Indian Brits support him.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  The Pakistani and Indian Brits support him.
                  I'll support him. Goin to go to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cax. View Post
                    i noticed that, khan was puttin his hand in the air like he wanted a cheer and the whole place was just quite as ****, i think he's the only one that did'nt get a cheer out of teh peopel that answered questions from mario
                    LOL yeah i laughed out loud at that, he even tried it twice..

Comment

Originally posted by Doop View Post
                      Wrong.

Most of us don't like him because he's an overrated, overhyped, pile of dump.
                      that's not the reason they didn't cheer. Amir Khan acts like he's not one of us, from the Pakistan mouth-guard he wore at the Olympics to training with Pac's camp and not backing Hatton to win. Also the incredible hype he gets for beating tomato cans make a lot of people dislike him.

Comment

Working...
                      X