No announcement yet.

strange back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange back

hey guys, just needed some ideas on how to get tyson's lower back, i have the upper back pretty much taken care of but i haven't seen too many people with a lower back like this... if you ever notice any of his fights in his prime, his back muscles go all the way down and round off to the middle of his back...this is the best picture i could find..

http://www.tysontalk.com/modules.php...g2_itemId=3871

those are that lats pull ups are very good for these muscles.

for me the best exercise for them was hitting the heavy bag, if you tap it it won't work you have to really pound it!

Comment

Genetics imo. You could do lat pullsall you want. Your Lats will get bigger, but you cannot change the point at which you muscle connects to connective tissue then to bone.

Comment

To build lats that thick you would need to make a habit of weighted wide-grip chins, and a weekly habit of about an hour of bent rows and reverse flys with heavy dumbbells, and eat like a horse. But you won't trigger that kind of muscle size without first developing a big squat weight. Squats will also build up your lower back and your legs.

Or, you can do what Tyson did and hit the heavybag for 20 years.

Comment

Actually to develop the lower lats a narrow grip should be used.

Comment

narrow grip chinups work well for the lower part of ur lats as far as muscle definition goes. mostly i think its genetics as to where ur muscles connect to other muscles, but alot core work and conditioning exercises as well as heavy bag training at a fierce pace will do the trick as good as it can...

Comment

IMO to get this u need to do:
              1 Close grip lat pulls and close grip chins will develop the lower lats.
              2 Weighted hyperextensions, or good morning.
              3 Stretch your back in between sets- this is they key according to arnie.

Comment

Working...
              X