Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding PAC's one-dimensionality against boxers fighting backing up...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding PAC's one-dimensionality against boxers fighting backing up...

Many of his detractors say he becomes a one-trick pony when facing fighters who are good at fighting off the backfoot.

While there's some truth to what the naysayers are saying, at the same time, I think the 1-2 combo is the most effective combo rather than say someone who relies on other the other punches.

I think the bigger issue with PACquiao is his inability to cut off the ring.

It would be kind of stup*d to throw long hooks and uppercuts against fighters who are backing up. What do y'all think ?

What's with this place going full ****** the last two days with Pac/May threads?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      What's with this place going full ****** the last two days with Pac/May threads?
      Where is PBF's named mention on my post ?

I was just rewatching the PAC-Bradley fight and thought of his cynics criticizing his 1-2, when I think that the real issue is not with the 1-2 but with cutting off the ring. It's better to stick with the 1-2 rather than throw lunging hooks and uppercuts against master counter-punchers who fight backing up.

Comment

you dont throw at all when a fighter is backing up.you step to the side,use movement to get in range then throw

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
          Where is PBF's named mention on my post ?

I was just rewatching the PAC-Bradley fight and thought of his cynics criticizing his 1-2, when I think that the real issue is not with the 1-2 but with cutting off the ring. It's better to stick with the 1-2 rather than throw lunging hooks and uppercuts against master counter-punchers who fight backing up.
          If he cut off the ring he would be able to get off with more effective punches.hence he can't deal with movement.he is ony really effective if you are in 1 place like a punching bag

Comment

no replies?? amazing you can read peoples post and tell they have 0 boxing training

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              The only thing going full ****** with threads recently are Mayweather threads. Pacquiao threads are currently sustainable.

Comment

When you you fight someone who is boxing off of the backfoot,you can side step and that will create new angles where you can get off different shots,but lunging in with his 1-2's in a straight line is what gets him countered and timed so easily

Comment

The adjustment is very easy for Pac to make, he showed he can box well in the middle when he fought David Diaz he waited patiently and played counter puncher, he didn';t chase because he didn't take the lead.

Anytime Pac tries to attack he sets up the story for the whole fight, his opponent will just run back. When he waits patiently and just uses his footwork he becomes impressive and can sneak awkward angled punches that you can;t see.

Pacquiao seems to have ADD, he looks bored, unless there is a real threat he will fight wild and chase guys, and he throws punches while going forward which is VERY easy to counter, you never throw or lunge agianst mover ever, he cut them off with your feet because they can time and predict your punch coming making it easy to step back or side step.

This is why I think Freddie Roach is not a good match for Pac, Roach gets too much credit but the truth is Michael Moorer was a much better coach for Manny, go watch 24/7 Hatton vs Pacquiao, Moorer was the eyes and the strategist who was correcting Pacs flaws and always reminding Pac of Hattons moves and to use counters. Roach was just the mitt man.

Roach has hindered Pacs growth, this is why I consider Pacman one of the greatest natural self taught fighters, he has beaten guys who have a higher ring IQ and technical boxing than him without a real trainer.

Watch old videos of Pac hitting the mitts with Buboy before they got with roach, Pac uses the same punch combos that he uses with roach even before he got with Roach.

Roach would never have been this famous or great if Pac never walked in his doors.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                    I think the bigger issue with PACquiao is his inability to cut off the ring.
                    That's his biggest flaw. It's ironic when you remember what Roach said during the Pac/Oscar 24/7 : "Oscar can't cut off the ring. When I trained him, I once told him to cut off the ring and he was was like 'what does that mean?'"

If you're gonna make fun of a fighter for not being able to do something, you better make sure that your fighter can do that thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X