Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get on the Official "Andy Lee will beat Julio Cesar Chavez Jr." Train Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jr. will get close to him and practice punching bag all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      Lee is nothing special, watch him get battered and TKO'd late.
      lol at special.

You don't need to be special to beat Jr.

Comment

Lee doesn't shine in any category but is a solid boxer. As long as his stamina holds he should be able to beat Jr.

The problem is going to be if the fight is in Texas between the bad testing methods, judges and a ref that might help Jr with his style might come into play

Comment

Comment

I agree Phantom that Jr has improvements in his fight game. Lee is the all around the better boxer with a size to match which is Jr's biggest asset till now.

I give the edge to Lee but don't think he is just going to run away with the thing

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Chavez not a puncher. Lee can start fast. Stay outside and sweep the first 5 rounds. Than he can trade rounds and win comfortably.

Jr's doesn't have the power needed to stop Lee IMO.

Chavez doesn't know how to fight a good southpaw. Watch, he's going to be crazy confused in there.
              Neither is Vera.

I agree with Lee starting fast. I think it's going to be similar to the Zbik fight where Lee will win the early rounds and have a solid lead when he fades late. I think Chavez will either stop him in the late rounds or win a controversial decision.

In an awesome fight by the way. I'm really looking forward to this fight, it'll be action packed and competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

This aint a Chavez Jr. hate thread.

So leave the Jr. is a bum comments at the door.

I respect Jr.'s size and strength. Also he's made some noticeable technical improvements over the last 5 or so fights.

Why will Lee beat Jr.?

Lee will not a have a big size disadvantage like every single prior Chavez opponent. He comes in around 175. Jr will probably be 180.

Lee will box and not allow Jr. to tee off on the inside. He will clinch if that happens.

Andy is probably the biggest puncher Chavez has fought so far.

Lee is tall and lanky 6'2 with a great reach.

And probably the most important.

Andy Lee is by far and away the best Southpaw Chavez has ever seen in his 45 fight career. And I think only the third.

Sorry Sergio, Lee beats Chavez.

Get on board.
                Everything you said makes perfect sense and this is how you would think the fight should go.

However, we've all been down this road many times...I don't think Andy Lee is capable of knocking out Chavez, or dominating 9+ rounds, which he is going to have to do.

Lee should win, on paper, and stylistically...But I think there will be other factors beyond Andy's control that will come into play on fight night.

I've said it before about this fight, I think the scorecards are already filled out, regardless of what either fighter does in the ring, it will be a Chavez victory

Comment

I don't get this hype all of a sudden with Andy Lee.

He's a good fighter, a contender no doubt, who has a pretty decent skill set. He's not mind blowing by any means though, and he's struggled with some ehhhhh guys.

The first Brian Vera fight, yes Lee was young when that happened, but Vera's pressure still troubled him big time. He ended up being broken down, and got stopped. He did avenge that defeat in dominant fashion though, which is really how he should have beat him the first time.

The Craig McEwan fight. Up until the 9th round and then when McEwan got stopped, Lee was struggling big time once again. Craig McEwan is pretty ordinary, Peter Quillin beat him with ease. McEwan was tagging Lee, and even tried to pressure Lee at times, and Andy Lee struggled.

It's not like Andy Lee has out of this world speed or anything. He's a pretty solid and all around fighter, that struggles with pressure, at least that's how it seems.

Chavez struggled with Zbik when he was getting out boxed, but of course Zbik didn't really have the power to hurt Chavez. Chavez was killing Zbik on the inside, and though it was a close fight, Chavez won it with his relentless pressure and body work.

I can easily see the fight being close on the cards going into the 9th and 10th rounds, but I have Chavez wearing him down, and stopping him in rounds 9-10. Some will probably call it a controversial stoppage as well. I just can't see Lee being able to handle Chavez' pressure for the full 12 rounds, and Chavez will have his moments in a lot of rounds, probably swaying some of the close rounds to him.

I can't see Lee stopping Chavez, who seems to have a damn good chin. Lee's power is a little underrated though. If Lee wants to win, he has to thoroughly out box Julio the majority of the rounds, and it has to be definitive.

Comment

i think he will beat jr, but will not get the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
                      Omg your sig. did you make that in MS Paint? :3 baahahaha I'm kidding of course you did! xD
                      Man, I was just about to post the same thing. That sig is epic! Lol

Anyway, as much as I want Lee to win I just don't see it happening. We all see the same thing in common here, Lee struggles and fades late vs good pressure. Not to mention non of the guys Lee has faced do better body work than Chavez. Lee is gonna have to be on the move all 12 arounds and avoid going into the trenches.

I hope he proves us wrong and comes thru, I'll be all over those nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X