Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People. It's TONY WEEKS. Ya'll musta forgot that's his M/O.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Accurate, but i thought he did okay with the maidana floyd fight, except of not warning Maidana enough and deducting points for some dirty blows. But he allowed maidana to fight inside which was maidana's game. Make them fight out of a clinch. Bayless meanwhile everytime maidana tries to gain momentum and tries to fight inside, the stops it. wth
    You think he did well in Floyd-Maidana 1? Lol, this the type of shieeet I'm talking about.

How can any sane person say Weeks did well in that fight? Low blows, karate chops, rabbit punches,a thai knees, and an american football tackle, ALL going unpunished? On top of that consistently using a one handed clinch around the waist to stop lateral movement and tee off with the other arm, all this shieeet going unnoticed, but there was nothing wrong with Week's performance that fight?

Defaq? And people wana complain about Ward and Weeks but praise Maidana and Weeks in a fight where they were far worse? SMH.

Comment

oh that dreaded Broner-Porter fight, that was hard to watch...for me at least. I couldn't fathom how Broner's forearms kept eluding Weeks, slick forearm. It took, what, 9 rounds or so before dude deducted a point finally? I don't even recall the commentary talking about it and yet it was so blatant.

As for Kov, I have two opinions on it: He should've retaliated, he shouldn't have been so dependent on a ref that wasn't heeding his calls earlier to begin with. I didn't like that. Andre Ward fights dirty, big surprise, no one is denying it, but if you weren't prepared for that by now, then part of the fault is in you. 2ndly, maybe Kov was starting to gas but that's not an excuse for a premature stoppage, that's just an observation, the guy was still on his feet. A standing 8 (if we're not getting a proper break from d1ck shots) would've been most ideal. Think of the Joshua fight, we thought he was gassed and done with but he came back well, Wlad even had an insane rally after being hurt. Premature stoppage in my absolutely honest opinion, if Andre was well and truly on his was to victory, it would have inevitably looked a lot better than that. Ultimately, Weeks proves his uselessness once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        You think he did well in Floyd-Maidana 1? Lol, this the type of shieeet I'm talking about.

How can any sane person say Weeks did well in that fight? Low blows, karate chops, rabbit punches,a thai knees, and an american football tackle, ALL going unpunished? On top of that consistently using a one handed clinch around the waist to stop lateral movement and tee off with the other arm, all this shieeet going unnoticed, but there was nothing wrong with Week's performance that fight?

Defaq? And people wana complain about Ward and Weeks but praise Maidana and Weeks in a fight where they were far worse? SMH.
        You have to understand. "They" wanted Floyd to lose. So there it's ok

But when it's Kovalev on the receiving end, now that's a problem.

People aren't consistent around here. I said the same thing about jabs - Floyd does it, they say you can't win a fight like that. Golovkin does it, "his jab is like a power punch so that's different doe".

That's what I'm trying to tell people. Tony Weeks is not a consistent ref. Never has been. The moment his name was announced for a fight of this level of profile, you should automatically be skeptical of the outcome.

You see now though, it's Kovalev fans screaming low blow. Say the blows were low and that's even debatable given how frickin high Kov's trunks were. You still have to point the finger at Weeks, not Ward.

Ward himself at the post fight even said he didn't know what the hell Weeks was doing.

Comment

I didn't realize Weeks was ref until last night. I started cracking up when they said he might do a better job than Byrd. Weeks is not a good referee.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            I didn't realize Weeks was ref until last night. I started cracking up when they said he might do a better job than Byrd. Weeks is not a good referee.
            Neither are that good. Let's not forget that Robert Byrd was responsible for the excuses we heard after Bradley/Vargas.

Comment

I like Weeks. He doesn't give a ****. It's a fight so I like that about him.

Comment

Even he knows this.

Comment

Up until fight night I heard almost no complaints about Weeks. I think Freedom was the only person I can recall who didn't like him being the ref.

Now everyone is in a mad rush to discredit him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Canelo/Angulo. Canelo eats a flush combo, Angulo takes one uppercut, Weeks rushes in to stop it despite Angulo not being wobbled by the shot.

Chavez/Johnson. In a fight where one fighter is clearly taking way too much punishment, Weeks doesn't interject until round 11, at which point it's again after relative low activity - way too late. Johnson died after the fight.

Mayweather/Maidana 1. Weeks allowed Maidana to throw low blows with no repercussion. Might have been one warning. It wasn't until the rematch with Kenny Bayless that we saw better officiating.

Alvarado/Provodnikov. Alvarado was getting punished, dropped, etc. The corner couldn't stop the fight, only the ref, and Weeks refused until late in the fight after significant damage had been done.

Corrales/Castillo 1. Yes, I get it. Castillo was taking significant punishment. But he didn't even get a chance to come back at a critical moment in a critical fight. Weeks just jumped in almost the same way he did in Ward Kov 2.

Broner/Porter. Come on, Broner got away with MURDER on those fouls.

EDIT: And another I just recalled from a while ago, Jackson/Uzcategui. Yeah, Uzcategui - that guy that sucker punched Andre Dirrell not long ago. In the Jackson fight Weeks allowed Uz to tee off on the guy with unanswered shots en route to four knockdowns and didn't stop the fight until way late. WAY late. To those trying to justify Corrales/Castillo 1, go watch Jackson/Uzcategui and justify. It was the same damn thing.

So Weeks is either too late or too early and there's no consistency in his approach. But you knew that.

Kovalev had to KO Ward, period point blank. He had no choice. You have no choice when Weeks is the third man.
                    Mayweather Maidana 1 was among the WORST officiating I've ever seen. That fight put Weekes in the same club with Laurence Cole.

Cole and Weekes are boxing cancer. Horrible refs

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post

Even he knows this.
                      Again, that is a fake Tony Weeks account. Please stop reposting this.

Comment

Working...
                      X