Collapse
No announcement yet.

is eddie hearn the best promoter in boxing right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk if he is or not but he's a great position right now. He can basically make deals (and has) with any promoter out there and has his fighters on Sky Sports AS WELL AS HBO. Doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

The guys absolutely bossin it against promoters in the UK. Warren, mcguigan and Hatton cant hold a candle aginst him right now. They couldnt even do it a couple years back when they all teamed up trying to force matchroom to play their ball-game.

He talks bollocks, he makes mismatches, hes a ****ney wide-boy essex wannabe we love to hate but theres no denying, he has an awful lot of sway with promoters in the US and he ****s all over old fish-eyes and and the 2nd tiers in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        The guys absolutely bossin it against promoters in the UK. Warren, mcguigan and Hatton cant hold a candle aginst him right now. They couldnt even do it a couple years back when they all teamed up trying to force matchroom to play their ball-game.

He talks bollocks, he makes mismatches, hes a ****ney wide-boy essex wannabe we love to hate but theres no denying, he has an awful lot of sway with promoters in the US and he ****s all over old fish-eyes and and the 2nd tiers in the UK.
        Yeah he has good working relationships with HBO, Sho, Haymon, Arum and all the other US promoters. Plus Sauerland/K2 in europe aswell.

Good position to be in for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
          the dude is running the show

i thought al haymon, pbc etc was gonna take over a couple years back but man the dude is doing his thing lol respect

what happened to richard shafer? thought he was making his comeback
          Schaefer was supposed to be the public face for PBC, arguably the unifying figure that is currently missing from the TV series.

Eddie Hearn is basically the "Richard Schaefer" of Sky Sports; given the TV access, Hearn has done a stellar job in putting forward the type of events that capture the attention of his home market.

Comment

After this interview I have decided that I like Eddie Hearn as a promoter and contributor to Boxing. I think he is the real deal.

Comment

Not a chance

He great at promoting and has a great base to do so but his fights aren't all that

Froch / Groves = great domestic fight

Brook / Gennady /Gavin/ 2 no names that I forget at the moment

Joshua / Whyte / Martin / Breazeale

Corolla / Linares

Bellew / Makabu / Flores

Selby / Gradovich

Eubank / O'sullivan

Some decent domestic fights but how many of those are great fights best vs the best? None , he just has a great platform with sky and a great fanbase

If you put any other promoter worth a damn and gave him a sky deal they'd be able to make as good if not better fights and be just as sucessful

Comment

Oh sh.it I forgot about Quigg / Frampton which was a great fight

But Hearn had years to make that fight and couldn't until Frampton signed with Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  If you put any other promoter worth a damn and gave him a sky deal they'd be able to make as good if not better fights and be just as sucessful
                  There's a reason Hearn was given an exclusive deal in the first place, and it was because Sky wasn't happy with the content that other promoters were producing. Sky boxing was in the toilet and they were seriously contemplating pulling the plug on it all together at one point.

Boxing in Britain is unquestionably in a much stronger, healthier state now than it was five years ago, and that has directly coincided with Hearn's emergence.
                  Last edited by Ham Porter; 10-08-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

He has a strange way of working too with some fighters.

The likes of Brook, Bellew and a few others actually have no contract with him at all. I think only Joshua has a contract with him for X amount of fights and maybe he does with fighters coming up, but more established older ones like Bellew, they just have a gentleman's agreement kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post

He's definitely the best promoter in our country and his contract with Sky is testament to that. Only problem with him is that he spoon feeds us the occasional Brook vs Gavin on PPV. That sickens me.

If you're born in Essex and your Dad is part of East London history how does it make you a wannabe?.

Comment

Working...
                      X