No announcement yet.

how much of your body weight goes behind your

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much of your body weight goes behind your

hits I know it probaly varies from person to person. but in general with a boxer whos knows what they are doing what would you say.

i dont know the exact percentge but i know it is alot if you have good form.

Comment

100% because I start from the opposite side of the gym and run as fast as I can and then launch myself into the heavybag chest first!

Comment

u bend your legs correctly and twist your hips threw the punch then i'd say about half your bodyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
          100% because I start from the opposite side of the gym and run as fast as I can and then launch myself into the heavybag chest first!

Comment

I would actually say 100% so long as you have the technique down you can cater for the times you miss and re-balance yourself. I certainetly try and put everything I have into the bag. Sparring a bit different.

Comment

Very few hit with 100%. Very, very few. If you're a middleweight knocking out heavyweights you could say that you are, or a Dempsey, Louis or Marciano type who generates insane force for their weight. I don't even think Tyson hit with 100%.

Comment

Depends on a punch. But my short right cross is my pride, I been able to hurt much bigger guys wearing head gear with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
                  Very few hit with 100%. Very, very few. If you're a middleweight knocking out heavyweights you could say that you are, or a Dempsey, Louis or Marciano type who generates insane force for their weight. I don't even think Tyson hit with 100%.
                  yeah I dont see how 1 can put 100% of it in a fight or sparring. on the bag i can see.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                    yeah I dont see how 1 can put 100% of it in a fight or sparring. on the bag i can see.
                    Yeah, cause bag is in fixed position and even than it is very hard to put all of your weight in it. IMO if you wanna put a lot of weight in a punch you gotta be able to catch your opponent with a cross coming straight at you, a la Tszyu. BUt it takes mad skills to be that proper with a cross.

Comment

Working...
                    X