No announcement yet.

Is it me or.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or.....

Are singers, actors, and entertainers in general just so much worse than they were 30-40 years ago?

I find that singers were so much more talented back in the day, real iconic voices that weren't helped with computers to "clean up" their voices.

Actors back in the day could do it all, be funny, drama, you name it. Now it seems it's more about what you look like.

It could be I'm getting older but I find a lot of artists of today, not to be real artists at all.
    Yes, artists of yesterday were better
    62.50%
    No, the artists of today are more talented
    0.00%
    I don't really care because I play xbox all day
    6.25%
    Fuk you Cuauhtemoc it's that your getting old
    31.25%

The poll is expired.

Technology have made the entertainment industry in general lazy. In movie they rely on special effects instead of the plot the carry the movie. In singing it's all auto refined. Even you and me could sound like a regular MJ after an hour or so of refining it in one of those programs.

Back in the day they had to rely on raw talent to carry them. No autotune for Sinatra.

Comment

This is true, movies are so over the top nowadays and are so bad. Take a movie like 300 for example, it was horrible and yet so many people liked it. I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Technology have made the entertainment industry in general lazy. In movie they rely on special effects instead of the plot the carry the movie. In singing it's all auto refined. Even you and me could sound like a regular MJ after an hour or so of refining it in one of those programs.

Back in the day they had to rely on raw talent to carry them. No autotune for Sinatra.
        Yes^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Yes^^^^^^^^
          I'll second your Yes^^^

Comment

It's certainly easier to make in today's music/entertainment industries too, thanks to such things as auto-tune but I'm not convinced on the 'old days'.

There are some talented singers, actors etc. in this error too. Even the greats of yesteryear were of a low count. less than a handful in each decade. That still exists now with the current crop.

Too much emphasis on the old school and too much hype for them too from the oldies, I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              It's certainly easier to make in today's music/entertainment industries too, thanks to such things as auto-tune but I'm not convinced on the 'old days'.

There are some talented singers, actors etc. in this error too. Even the greats of yesteryear were of a low count. less than a handful in each decade. That still exists now with the current crop.

Too much emphasis on the old school and too much hype for them too from the oldies, I feel.
              I understand what you are saying and yes as time passes by, legends grow bigger but you have to admit, there were some iconic voices in yesteryear.

Take someone like Whitney Houston, who isn't that "old school", who nowadays can come close to a voice like that?

Let alone someone like Billy Holiday, Anita Baker, Diana Ross....

I don't even want to mention the men because there were some real great one's.

Comment

my daughter watches that show with Britney Spear,Demi Lovato and Simon (forgot the name) and its hilarious how those two (Britney and Demi) judge others on their singing skills when they completely have no talent but nevertheless are smashable.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  my daughter watches that show with Britney Spear,Demi Lovato and Simon (forgot the name) and its hilarious how those two (Britney and Demi) judge others on their singing skills when they completely have no talent but nevertheless are smashable.
                  Yea man, that's like Stevie Wonder judging a shooting contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    I understand what you are saying and yes as time passes by, legends grow bigger but you have to admit, there were some iconic voices in yesteryear.

Take someone like Whitney Houston, who isn't that "old school", who nowadays can come close to a voice like that?

Let alone someone like Billy Holiday, Anita Baker, Diana Ross....

I don't even want to mention the men because there were some real great one's.
                    I know what you're saying, brother. But, when I speak of old school it usually goes back to the 70's and 80's. Though Whitney was around then, I prefer her music from the 90's plus. There is one thing for sure, no one has come close to her voice.

Comment

Working...
                    X