Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ is the draw in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason AJ would draw numbers in the USA is to get his azz spanked by an American fighter.
    Just like Frank (Igotmyasswhoopedassoonasicrossedthepond) Bruno.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      If what you say is true then Fury must ask for $50m for the rematch, yes?
      The 50m ship sailed already, Fury, in a rematch, will probably make twice as much as he made in the first fight and more than what Wilder would offer AJ to fight in the states. Hearn was in the driving seat before this match, not anymore, and he knows it, that's why hes been running his mouth and trying to get a fight with either of them.

Comment

He's not fought in the US really to be a draw. The offer made towards Joshua was to get him to the US not necessarily cuz he was the draw in the US.

Its sorta like that Charles Martin fight Joshua had. From most accounts Charles made a nice stack for that fight & more than Joshua. Was Charles the UK draw for that fight? F#ck no obviously not. But Hearn wanted to pay him enough so that he'd come to the UK to drop off his title.

Wilder & his team had a similar strategy I am to assume, but it surely wan't a bet on Joshua being a US draw cuz there is no evidence out there at all that Joshua is a US draw yet. He definitely can be at some point if they play their cards right, but thus far seem ill prepared to do so & honestly seem like they have no desire to do so anytime soon.

Comment

Yes, AJ is the A-side, and Fury-Wilder fight significantly lowered their negotiating power due to unresolved results and poor PPV sales.

Comment

A side or not he gets knocked out!!!! its only so long u all and him can hide behind that A side talk.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
              True, but Americans only care about AJ if he fights Wilder. But yes, in that fight, he's the draw.
              If Wilder vs Joshua happens in the US next fight out Joshua isn't the draw. For all the dogging of Wilder Hearn & Fury have done the reality is Joshua is a less known name/face in the US than Wilder is.

I don't understand why you'd assume more money = draw in this situation. This is a classic overpay the opponent to bring him to my turf or get him to accept some side sh^t type scenario.

I already brought up Charles Martin in my other post, but by your logic since Charles Martin got more money than Joshua to fight Joshua in the UK that Charles Martin was the UK draw. We both know thats f#cking ******ed & not true. Charles Martin got overpaid to bring his ass on Joshua's turf & ideally lose that title to Joshua in the UK. Thats all this Wilder vs Joshua thing was too an attempt to bring Joshua to the US to lose his belts to Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                The 50m ship sailed already, Fury, in a rematch, will probably make twice as much as he made in the first fight and more than what Wilder would offer AJ to fight in the states. Hearn was in the driving seat before this match, not anymore, and he knows it, that's why hes been running his mouth and trying to get a fight with either of them.
                So you are saying Fury will make $20m in the rematch, and Haymon won't offer the IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO champion $21m to fight Wilder in a unification instead.

Ok, gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I already brought up Charles Martin in my other post, but by your logic since Charles Martin got more money than Joshua to fight Joshua in the UK that Charles Martin was the UK draw. We both know thats f#cking ******ed & not true. Charles Martin got overpaid to bring his ass on Joshua's turf & ideally lose that title to Joshua in the UK. Thats all this Wilder vs Joshua thing was too an attempt to bring Joshua to the US to lose his belts to Wilder.

You got any evidence for Martin earning more than Joshua in their fight?

And regardless I bet the disparity in earnings is miniscule compared to Haymons projections for AJ/Wilder in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    Mate, I'm literally giving you figures and facts. Do the maths.

To pay AJ his $50m before ANYBODY else gets paid, the fight needs to do 666k buys.

He is the draw.
                    Or they could have sponsors to cover that...listen we are boxing fans, not boxing businessmen. The side money in boxing can often times be greater than what the purses and gates disclose. The entertainment business is not as clear cut as most people think it is. You have people making more money for wearing an outfit from a specific designer than they do from the show itself. As a fan you wouldn't know that but every single facet these days where there are cameras, video, live tv, demographic reach there is a brand/sponsor looking to drop money on it and for the right platform they'll get into a firefight over it.

Comment

Honestly have no idea what you're talking about man. AJ COULD be a draw in the US but invests zero time, money, or effort into it..

Comment

Working...
                      X