Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think speaking on people who committed suicide in a negative way to make yourself feel better is mentally weak.

Comment

check out the soundtrack of MASH film by robert altman

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
        Cobain comes to mind. He didn't care about such primitive desires bu he wished he had a happy family.

I wonder why Pinoys have low rating on suicide.
        Correlation says because we are a poor country. Better poor than suicidal I guess.

Comment

Given the right circumstances and the right stimuli anyone can be broken down. Ending your own life is not an easy thing to do.
          I have known 2 people personally who have committed suicide, one who used to take LSD and dropped an electric heater into a bath while bathing. He was a really nice guy but had a messed up background. He was a very gentle caring person. It shocked me when it happened but then I reflected on his life story and it kind of made sense. He was born into a family where he had 3 ultra religious older spinster sisters in their 20s who lived with their mother who was single and they all hated men and said sex was dirty. The father was an alcoholic who abondoned the elder sisters as a kid but he turned up one day 20 years later spent the night and slept with the mother and left in the morning never to be seen again and poor Phil was born into that. When he broke up with his girlfriend who ended up sleeping with and leaving him fo his best friend he finished himself off.
          The other guy I knew who committed suicide was property dealer who had 56 houses in good areas in London in places like Islington,Stoke Newington,Clapham,Balham, Brixton and Notting Hill. It was around 1990 in the last recession and the banks went for him and he was getting wiped out. He jumped out of a window. Each one of those houses would be worth over a a Million pounds now but the banks pulled the rug on him and forced sales at fractions of what the houses were worth. He went from being worth millions to nothing overnight and it was too much for him. He was a very clever gutsy guy that took a lot of financial risks. Risks that would be beyond what most of us would cope with but that is how he accumulated his fortune but when the recession hit he was over leveraged and the banks were ruthless.He hit the bottle and jumped out the window holding a glass of alcohol.
          More British soldiers who were in the Falklands war have committed suicide after the war than were killed in it. These were tough guys and can no way be described as mentally weak. You will see the same kind of pattern with returning veterans from places like Iraq and Afghanistan.
          Last edited by Isaac Hunt; 11-02-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I find it hard to pitty them. They are selfish to take the weak way out when their family(parents/kids) has to live with their selfish act for the rest of their lifes.

So if anyone is ever confronted with the temptation, think of others for a change and don't do it,
            for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
              Given the right circumstances and the right stimuli anyone can be broken down. Ending your own life is not an easy thing to do.
              I have known 2 people personally who have committed suicide, one who used to take LSD and dropped an electric heater into a bath while bathing. He was a really nice guy but had a messed up background. He was a very gentle caring person. It shocked me when it happened but then I reflected on his life story and it kind of made sense. He was born into a family where he had 3 ultra religious older spinster sisters in their 20s who lived with their mother who was single and they all hated men and said sex was dirty. The father was an alcoholic who abondoned the elder sisters as a kid but he turned up one day 20 years later spent the night and slept with the mother and left in the morning never to be seen again and poor Phil was born into that. When he broke up with his girlfriend who ended up sleeping with and leaving him fo his best friend he finished himself off.
              The other guy I knew who committed suicide was property dealer who had 56 houses in good areas in London in places like Islington,Stoke Newington,Clapham,Balham, Brixton and Notting Hill. It was around 1990 in the last recession and the banks went for him and he was getting wiped out. He jumped out of a window. Each one of those houses would be worth over a a Million pounds now but the banks pulled the rug on him and forced sales at fractions of what the houses were worth. He went from being worth millions to nothing overnight and it was too much for him. He was a very clever gutsy guy that took a lot of financial risks. Risks that would be beyond what most of us would cope with but that is how he accumulated his fortune but when the recession hit he was over leveraged and the banks were ruthless.He hit the bottle and jumped out the window holding a glass of alcohol.
              More British soldiers who were in the Falklands war have committed suicide after the war than were killed in it. These were tough guys and can no way be described as mentally weak. You will see the same kind of pattern with returning veterans from places like Iraq and Afghanistan.
              Isaac just gave us two concrete cases of suicides. One took his life because of a broken heart with some family back round as contributing factors and the other one is due to economic recession.

The third one which says that more soldiers from a war with argentinians died from suicide than in battles requires some backing up.

Thanks for sharing, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                I find it hard to pitty them. They are selfish to take the weak way out when their family(parents/kids) has to live with their selfish act for the rest of their lifes.

So if anyone is ever confronted with the temptation, think of others for a change and don't do it,
                for them.
                This is my line of thinking as far as suicide is concerned, it's not he/she who would suffer the consequences of his death, it's the living. I still sympathize with them them though, I just can't imagine the harrowing experience that they have to go through before the end.

Comment

In my opinion, most could be said to be weak. It is the ultimate form of running away from your problems. There are cases where people have mental issues, which in some ways shows they lack their full mind.

Plenty of people attempt to kill themselves.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I recently watched a documentary on a tribe with very little outside contact, anyways most of them committed suicide before they grew old. Suicide was accepted in their culture, mainly because of their religious beliefs. It was pretty strange...

I don't think suicide is cowardly or anything, although it is selfish due to your loved ones having to suffer. But then again isn't it selfish to want a person that is miserable to continue their existence?

Some people suffer from mental disorders, anxiety, depression, bi polar, schizophrenia etc. imagine having repetitive negative thoughts about yourself, these aren't "aww poor me" these are more like "I hate myself' thoughts, how many times have you truly hated yourself? Or being too nervous to even say a word to another human being, being paranoid that someone is out to get you, feeling worthless like everyone is better than you no matter how much you've accomplished, etc.

Take Ricky Hatton for example, losing to the best he felt like a failure, like he let everyone down. This guy probably thought about that every single day, it can drive you insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                      The third one which says that more soldiers from a war with argentinians died from suicide than in battles requires some backing up.

Thanks for sharing, mate.
                      Thanks FYI

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1758301.stm

http://conflicthealth.com/british-mi...ands-and-iraq/
                      Last edited by Isaac Hunt; 11-02-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X