No announcement yet.

Canelo wins ESPN 2019 Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Not surprising at all. Got a UD win over GGG and then went up and KO'd Kov for LHW title. I know many of us had a lower opinion of Kov at this stage of his career but Canelo was losing the fight and got the KO he needed.
    UD over Jacobs this year.

Comment

No brainer

Comment

Canelo king amongst kings. All hail the great red hope.

Comment

Cash Cow Canelo aka P4P Numero Uno Canelo aka Fighter of the year Canelo aka soon to be fighter of the decade Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            UD over Jacobs this year.
            Fixed it. Thanks. SMDH.

Comment

This seems sensible to me. There have been a lot of good fights this year, but as far as fighters who've had a great year, the list is pretty thin.

I could see an argument for Spence - beating Garcia and Porter is impressive. Joshua with taking his first loss and coming back for redemption, that's a good story even if it wasn't the best boxing in the world, and was more anticipated than the Wilder/Ortiz rematch.

I'm curious who else people would have liked to have seen as FotY?

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
                He deserves it, the haters have been trying to discredit his Kovalev win, it started with claims of unfair rehydration clauses (doesn't affect Kovalev per his words), to saying he's been shot and is past it (despite avenging his KO loss and KOing a strong contender), and then finally after running out of ammunition, they start claiming the fight was fixed.
                calm down. Kovalev even said it was a bs fight...

Comment

Well Deserved! Also Cemented #1 P4P this year IMO

Comment

all hail the Boxing Lord!

Comment

no surprise here

Comment

Working...
                      X