Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Government vs their own Armed Populace. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    The government would collapse if even 5% of the populace entered open armed revolt.

The US has ten times the population of Iraq and is far wealthier per capita/better armed/etc, plus at that threshold there would be mass mutiny within military ranks and the state would be unable to maintain the war effort without a financial collapse. They would appease the 5% practically no matter what their demands were.

People don't realize how rare that type of scenario is though. If they leave you armed and able to organize your own resistance media outlets etc then they've already botched their attempt and wouldn't even try to fight you. The vast majority of state purging have taken place blindfolded and piecemeal.

When the Soviet & Maoist governments started purging political dissidents they had already rolled out mass firearm confiscation and speech restrictions in preparation and as such physical rebellions were extremely small and weak.

They carried it out incrementally so that they were just dealing with an "extreme fringe and this doesn't effect you" then once that "extreme fringe" were wiped out or in prison they loosened the definition for the next batch.

More pertinent (and more likely) than govt vs civilian warfare is civil war as the union deteriorates and quasi-bolshevik groups grow.

TLDR: You aren't defending your first/second amendments so that you can gunsling against the govt, you are preserving the same massive, highly visible political deterrence to tyranny you and your ancestors have benefited from for your grandchildren.
    Nice breakdown, bruh. I think we have to look at historical situations like Mao and others to really study this kind of thing. It's not like people have been trampled on by their government before in a big way but I don't think it's ever happened with a well-armed populace like we have here. It's the big difference really, IMO.

Comment

Whatever side I decided to take would win. In fact, the other side would probably just give up. Especially if I had a Red Bull in me.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Yay some people pulled some numbers out of the sky and predicted a civilian win.

Even they know they don't stand a chance and are relying on 3/4 of the military defecting.
        Would you kill friends and family? Or would be a good boy that follows orders? Do you think everyone or the majority of the U.S. armed forces will be good boys and follow orders to kill friends, family, and countryman?

Comment

The people win..

The governments army is made up of the population.. soldiers aren’t gonna turn on their friends n family.

The government would have to use a foreign army like nato or a robot army

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            Would you kill friends and family? Or would be a good boy that follows orders? Do you think everyone or the majority of the U.S. armed forces will be good boys and follow orders to kill friends, family, and countryman?
            They don't need a majority of the armed forces to win. 10% of the armed forces would beat the rest, civs would stand no chance against US military tech, advanced drones etc that only need a small % of the military to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
              They don't need a majority of the armed forces to win. 10% of the armed forces would beat the rest, civs would stand no chance against US military tech, advanced drones etc that only need a small % of the military to implement.
              I think people overrate our military in general but especially the technology and weapon angle when it's a boots on the ground scenario. There are plenty of historical events showing 3rd world rebels fend off more advanced armies using air and ground warfare lol. These military people aren't all fit, intelligent, expert marksman, strategists, etc... I mean how many military goons have you meet at a bar that you deem superior to easily kill everyone? Stop overrating them. That tranny Chelsea Manning was in our military ffs . Laugh at the fat and dumb American gun owners all you want and underestimate them but stop overrating these military people. So many are mindless turds with nothing better career wise than going into the armed forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                Whatever side I decided to take would win. In fact, the other side would probably just give up. Especially if I had a Red Bull in me.

Comment

When good police and good millitary knows that populace stands a chance of fighting back coz populace are armed then some of ehm would join the populace

Now on the other hand an unarmed populace? Easy goverment controll

This is very easy IQ

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                    I think people overrate our military in general but especially the technology and weapon angle when it's a boots on the ground scenario. There are plenty of historical events showing 3rd world rebels fend off more advanced armies using air and ground warfare lol. These military people aren't all fit, intelligent, expert marksman, strategists, etc... I mean how many military goons have you meet at a bar that you deem superior to easily kill everyone? Stop overrating them. That tranny Chelsea Manning was in our military ffs . Laugh at the fat and dumb American gun owners all you want and underestimate them but stop overrating these military people. So many are mindless turds with nothing better career wise than going into the armed forces.

Comment

The only thing stopping the U.S. from blowing Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, and Iran off the map is international law. Believe it or not there are actual rules to war. And the U.S. as the #1 superpower has to set an example (even though I believe we've broken numberous war crimes). If the U.S. ever got to the point where there is a civil war, international law will not be followed and the govt will eliminate whole cities if they have to.

Comment

Working...
                      X