No announcement yet.

best boxers build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best boxers build

I am wondering what the consensus is for the best build for a boxer. Short and squat (tyson) or tall and lanky (hearns)

I carry most of my weight in my upper body and have skinny but relatively strong legs. Any feedback?

Jeff Lacy has the best build ive ever seen on a boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Katsidis View Post
      Jeff Lacy has the best build ive ever seen on a boxer
      i think he means performance wise rather than aesthetics. but in my opinion, i think each have it's advantages.

Comment

it all depends on your style of fighting and normally your size is what you build your fighting style around

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
          I am wondering what the consensus is for the best build for a boxer. Short and squat (tyson) or tall and lanky (hearns)

I carry most of my weight in my upper body and have skinny but relatively strong legs. Any feedback?
          Depends on your style but from my own experience relatively tall, longhanded body is the best(think of Robinson, Leonard, Calzaghe)

Comment

I'm short and stocky and i wish i was rangey and lean.

If i was rangey and lean, i'd want to be short and stocky.

The grass is always greener on the otherside. Just take what you got!

Comment

I'm Tall and Lanky...i favor a Hearns build....

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post

Does it really matter?

This preoccupation with body image in boxers is a modern phenomenon. Jack Dempsey was a very popular champion but at the time nobody ever talked about his "build." You can be as beautiful as Wladimir Klitschko or as ugly as James Toney but these aesthetic qualities aren't mentioned in the record book. Did you win? Did you lose? Did you get knocked out? That is what is import.

You construct your style around your natural "build" because your style is determined by your body and what you can make it do. In the last hundred years boxers have come in all sizes and shapes and abilities. Tall men fight tall, small men fight small. Is one better or more advantageous than the other? I suppose if a statistical analysis was made that question could be answered definitively. The question still remains, does really matter? For you as an individual boxer, your goal is to win. Wladimir Klitschko had all the natural advantages over Ross Puritty, and he was prettier too, but Puritty figured out how to beat him. In the final analysis that is all that really counts.

Comment

for me id personally like to look like jeff lacy, as im never going to be pro so it would look cool on the beach lol. but for boxing terms id like to look like say taylor hos quite built but is also long and rangy.

Comment

Working...
                  X