Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Ops 2 thread..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your going to run around like a ****** racking up kills with your full auto gun don't ***** when the smarter players pick you off from distance. Some people actually like to use tactical play and outsmart their opponents which is why search and destroy is great.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
      The point I'm trying to make is that you can do just as good running around the map as camping if not better. Plus that camping is cheap. I've gotten quite a few scores in MW3 of around 23-7 from running round the map.

I haven't spent that much time playing MW3 but I've already got a k/d ratio of 1.57 and I got that from playing by myself with random people and running around the map in pretty much every match.
      Cheap is running around picking up kills with your full auto that require no skill whatsoever.

Comment

bragging about skills in a shooter where weapons have no recoil to speak of and is designed to hold your hand every step of the way is meaningless. even a gunfight between two COD "pros" is mostly connection and luck based. simple knowledge of the map and the game type are what separates good/average players from bad/new players.

and speaking of internet connection, this game still runs on P2P hosting LOL. yes, whenever you disconnect or lag you can thank Activision, who's pockets you've just lined, because they're on record saying "dedicated servers are too expensive."

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        You've just bought a game which is running off the same engine in previous games, they haven't even bothered changing the gun sounds - they're literally taking the piss out of people. They've put no effort into it...
        they do put effort into singleplayer, i'll give them that. if someone was really really really into the story, i suppose that's a real reason to shell out $ every year for this trash.

the rest of the game however is fraudulent. the zombie levels are at best a 15 dollar add-on for BO1. the tweaks done to multiplayer a monkey could do within a week. it's essentially become a mod in the guise of a AAA title. they give, they take, then resell it to you at retail price and get high praises for it. amazing how much they profit off a 10 dollar budget to make these games. people buy them just to keep up now.

NUKETOWN 2025!!! dudes actually got super hyped for a carbon copy of a map made 2 years ago, that you can still pick up and play with a server full of people.

Last edited by John Barron; 11-17-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          bragging about skills in a shooter where weapons have no recoil to speak of and is designed to hold your hand every step of the way is meaningless. even a gunfight between two COD "pros" is mostly connection and luck based. simple knowledge of the map and the game type are what separates good/average players from bad/new players.

and speaking of internet connection, this game still runs on P2P hosting LOL. yes, whenever you disconnect or lag you can thank Activision, who's pockets you've just lined, because they're on record saying "dedicated servers are too expensive."

they do put effort into singleplayer, i'll give them that. if someone was really really really into the story, i suppose that's a real reason to shell out $ every year for this trash.

the rest of the game however is fraudulent. the zombie levels are at best a 15 dollar add-on for BO1. the tweaks done to multiplayer a monkey could do within a week. it's essentially become a mod in the guise of a AAA title. they give, they take, then resell it to you at retail price and get high praises for it. amazing how much they profit off a 10 dollar budget to make these games. people buy them just to keep up now.

NUKETOWN 2025!!! dudes actually got super hyped for a carbon copy of a map made 2 years ago, that you can still pick up and play with a server full of people.

Black Ops does have dedicated servers for PC. How many games have dedicated servers for consoles? I can't think of any i know Halo 4 doesn't.

Comment

Gears of War, Rainbow Six etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Black Ops does have dedicated servers for PC. How many games have dedicated servers for consoles? I can't think of any i know Halo 4 doesn't.
              battlefield 3
              medal of honor
              homefront
              MAG
              L4D
              Killzone 3
              socom 4
              resistance 2
              warhawk
              rainbow six vegas

there's more. some of these games aren't even raking in the money halo and call of duty are.

Comment

Anyone else here play via Steam? I just picked up BO2 this morning. I haven't played COD since MW2.

Comment

I got it, I shot mendez. It was stupid how he just let the dones self destruct, I thought it was going to be WWIII with robots....well more robots.

cool theme

Comment

I used to be reasonable at the CoD series.

Now I'm doing pretty poor with a roughly 1.2 K/D and W/L.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                      The point I'm trying to make is that you can do just as good running around the map as camping if not better. Plus that camping is cheap. I've gotten quite a few scores in MW3 of around 23-7 from running round the map.

I haven't spent that much time playing MW3 but I've already got a k/d ratio of 1.57 and I got that from playing by myself with random people and running around the map in pretty much every match.
                      Your opinion, I consider sprinting with full autos as skill less

Comment

Working...
                      X