No announcement yet.

Eddie Alvarez beats Melendez !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Alvarez beats Melendez !!

Everyone is on the Melendez hypetrain of late and understandably so. But, don't like that train too much.

I wouldn't even favor Melendez over Alvarez, but, it has the makings of a barn burner, that's for sure.

lol, you gotta bring life to your threads. Insults, obvious bias, nuthuggery, pissing off the majority/ shytting on the majority. Something

Sitting on the fence to start a thread isn't gonna get good results.

I'm not on the Melendez hype train either. Alvarez would would beat his ass thirty five ways to sunday if they ever faught.

Comment

I'm on the Melendez hype train, was on it before the tracks where finished, I'd really love to see this fight....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        I'm on the Melendez hype train, was on it before the tracks where finished, I'd really love to see this fight....
        Did you see Melendez on the espn mma show he made a good case for himself being the 1 lightweight in the world.

Comment

Before each of their last performances, I would have gone Alvarez... But now I think Melendez brings too much to the table for Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Did you see Melendez on the espn mma show he made a good case for himself being the 1 lightweight in the world.
            TS obviously doesn't watch much MMA outside the UFC. Melendez & Alavarez are already argued as the #1 & #2 at lightweight right now. Collectively they have beaten world class lightweights like Tawajiri, Josh Thompson, motha****in Joachim "Hellboy" Hanson, Shinya Aoki, and JZ who at one point was the person everybody thought was #1 in the world besides BJ Penn before the Aoki fights after he beat Shaolin so brutally and quickly.

Edgar, Maynard and Pettis just can't compete with that. Maynard's best win is Edgar and Florian. Both A wins. Edgar's best wins are BJ & Sherk. Sherk's a B+ but Penn is an A. Pettis is Ben Henderson. They have good wins but so do Melendez and Alavrez so it's a hard debate. Lightweight outside the UFC is pretty damn deep.

I wish Alvarez would come to the UFC. That would be a hell of a fight which I think he would win. But Melendez is in no way shape or form overrated or just a "hype train" like on some Houston Alexander bull*****.
            Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 04-18-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Melendez and Alvarez would be #1 and #2 in the UFC LW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                TS obviously doesn't watch much MMA outside the UFC. Melendez & Alavarez are already argued as the #1 & #2 at lightweight right now. Collectively they have beaten world class lightweights like Tawajiri, Josh Thompson, motha****in Joachim "Hellboy" Hanson, Shinya Aoki, and JZ who at one point was the person everybody thought was #1 in the world besides BJ Penn before the Aoki fights after he beat Shaolin so brutally and quickly.

Edgar, Maynard and Pettis just can't compete with that. Maynard's best win is Edgar and Florian. Both A wins. Edgar's best wins are BJ & Sherk. Sherk's a B+ but Penn is an A. Pettis is Ben Henderson. They have good wins but so do Melendez and Alavrez so it's a hard debate. Lightweight outside the UFC is pretty damn deep.

I wish Alvarez would come to the UFC. That would be a hell of a fight which I think he would win. But Melendez is in no way shape or form overrated or just a "hype train" like on some Houston Alexander bull*****.
                Aww, naw. I didn't mean it like that. But, I'll take Edgar over Melendez. Wouldn't surprise me though if Gil takes it.

I have yet to see Melendez deal with someone who can strike and move like Frankie can. On the flipside, I don't think anyone is as gung-ho as Melendez. The dude goes all out.

Comment

Working...
                X